• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those that feed fresh food...

megansmummy

Mama Doe
Do you shop specifically fir your buns or do they just get left over/off cuts of your vegetables?

I shop specifically for the buns/piggies and check out the reduced section all the time. Also find that aldi and lidl are cheaper for salad and veggies!

We shop specifically for them. We tend to get the 'selected seconds' from Morrisons too, they normally do herbs in much larger quantities.

They have their basics (spring greens, curly kale and herbs) bought specifically for them. Anything extra comes from our leftovers.

We do a weekly visit to the veg market as we get huge bunches of coriander and spinach for £1, bags of spring cabbage for 50p, 3 lots of celery for £1, 10 apples for £1...there are so many bargains
We end up spending about £12-£15 a week on veggies for the buns, and about £6 on ourselves!

Shop specifically for Hopscotch... and then we eat his leftovers... :lol: he doesn't like the inside leaves on spring greens so we end up with them for dinner!

When they got veg we used to shop specifically for them, to begin with it was spring greens, kale and herbs and then we cut the greens and kale out because a couple of the bunnies got gassy. It was always amusing going up to the till with about nine herb plants!

Left overs, tonight Scamp has carrot & parsnip peel (supplied by my sister), butternut squash and an apple core.

I shop specifically for them but to be honest I don't give greens that often as they tend to get mucky bums. Every now and again they'll get some carrot peelings as well or a pepper that has gone a little soft.

Oh I've just remembered they did get leftovers too, cauliflower leaves were one thing they got regularly and broccoli stalk.

:lol: my OH said the buns eat better than he does !!

My OH says this all the time as Julie either gets stuff that I grow from the garden or I buy the organic expensive stuff for her. He was out of carrots one day and he picked some from the garden. I gave him heck as I just cut off the tops and leave the carrot part in the garden so it will grow more tops for her. :lol:

Back