• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weve heard baxter toot twice recently!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
yup...when other buns have done it you could only be aware if you were snuggling with them..relaxed happy buns seem to toot! But it was either the veggie gassy toot smell or little rush of wind that gave the game away.

Baxter has had gurgly tummy since we got him in march. Hes the filthiest kaziest bunny ive ever met...he wolfs his food down inc vegs and herbs....i swear he just inhales it! he is a hay monster despite him having one dental with us so far. I had to cut the veg..he actually got upset tum or just too gassy.

He does egg shaped massive and i mean MASSIVE poops....vet said its not right..we tried everything..even she now has decided hes ok doing those massive poops!
Twice in the last week we heard his tummy gurgle....then silence...a bit more gurgle....then a definate toot! i couldnt believe my ears...!

i know Lilys another gurgle tummy bun but hers is related to her gut probs.

we keep worrying baxters got tummy probs...then you realize he has an amazing appetite. Hes pretty sedentary....in fact when e went in fir his dental and spine xray....they rang me up...he hadnt moved or come out of his kennel...was he like this at home? oh yes....hell lay in his litter tray all comfy and instead of getting up to go wee..hell just lift his tail and go! mind you ive seen bluebell do it and even bertie!

he tooted loudly again last night...hes totally relaxed sprawled out snoring...then gurgle gurgle...toot!

I know with other buns its an alarm bell for gi slowdown.....um baxters just a typical slob if he were human..tooting and scratching his bits...eating in bed etc....etc yes he would!

i hope our vets on again and im going to ring her up..ive never...ever heard a bunny toot! baxters a learning curve for her..the nurses...and us! he makes me cry when he wees everywhere and on my bed setteee....you have to follow him around...hes like a tornado! but we love him dearly. if he was uncomfirtable and the gurgling was pain assoiated or gi problem.....but hes always like it! The moment he shows signs of pain...or off his food..( passes out at the thought) ill take him right down the vets!

does anyone else ave a bunny who toots so loud you can hear it sometimes? or a bun who poos huge egg shaped poos? btw Baxter is a 6.9kg french lop house rabbit!

Hi Debbie:wave:

Good to see you back here. I must admit I was surprised at how lazy Baxter is - even more laid back than Bertie was - and that is saying something!!

Not sure I want to hear him toot though - think I may just pass on listening to that particular bodily function:)

:wave: hi hun......i know...to have the vets fing me to check he wasnt seriously ill cos he dudnt move etc....embarressing..but hilarious..they were used to bertie there too!

Has anyone ever had a bunny with an audible toot? i hadnt before baxter!

Back