• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Parsley had a nightmare U/D Noise continues thoughts?

natsusakura

Warren Veteran
He was sleeping and making his unhappy noises, and then he started breathing heavily and wheezing slightly.
Freaked my beans, thought he was choking again.
I have a vet appointment at 3pm, just in case, something's not sitting right with me, I may be wrong but i'd rather be safe than sorry.
Also his bad ear that constantly has infections has a lumpyness to it on top. :shock: hope it's just me being paranoid.
I have a sore head, think i've got the flu, really wish I could go back to bed but i'm up watching Parsley like a hawk, he's back sleeping again. Wee rascal.

Last edited:
If his ear has a lumpiness to it and he's had infections in the past I would get him to a vet today, as you are doing, just in case it's a reoccurance of the infection or an abscess. I'm sure he'll be fine but it'll put your mind at rest. :)

If his ear has a lumpiness to it and he's had infections in the past I would get him to a vet today, as you are doing, just in case it's a reoccurance of the infection or an abscess. I'm sure he'll be fine but it'll put your mind at rest. :)

aye, that's mainly the reason I called up, I noticed it as I was checking he was ok.
Can't beleive I missed it, dunno how long it's been lumpy for. :oops:
He'll probs be ok but I always get things double checked, the vets is like my second home, all the receptionists know me :lol::oops::oops::oops:

Just on way back from vet, we have some more baytril drops to do, his left ear has flared up again.
Madonna also put some steroid ear drops in to give immediate relief cannulin(sp) I think it was.
And his ear canal is slightly thickened, she said not enough for major concern and most owners wouldn't have noticed until it was a lot worse.
The lumpy bit is on the top of his left ear, on top of his head not on the underside.
Apologies if that doesn't make sense, I feel so ill.

Parsley just fell asleep and made the same noise. Hm. I'm going to have to record it and show it to madonna, i'm thinking a nose issue? But his lungs sound fine.
Unless it could be from his choking episode a few weeks back?
Any ideas would be helpful, he's really freaking me out when he falls asleep

Awww bless... lots of hugs for him!!!

Hope Willow is doing ok!!!

Fee xxx

Willow is excellant :)
Her spay wound has healed beautifully, just waiting on the stiches underneath the skin dissolving now, stronger thicker stiches were used as she had little fat to attach them too, so theyll take another wee while to dissappear.
And she seems a bit heavier, i'll be weighing her tonight. :)

It may be that he has some congestion in his sinuses/nasal passages as ear problems and upper respiratory tract problems are often connected.

It may be that he has some congestion in his sinuses/nasal passages as ear problems and upper respiratory tract problems are often connected.

that would make sense. Would there be any way to treat that?
I imagine it could be painful :( it's weird it only happens when he's sleeping, no noise at all when he's up and about.
Thanks for replying :) *toddles off to google*

I was going to say something along these lines. Nutmeg's lung issues always show up when she sleeps especially if she sleeps in a monorail bunny position with all her legs tucked under her. Similar used to happen with Mischa too.

I was going to say something along these lines. Nutmeg's lung issues always show up when she sleeps especially if she sleeps in a monorail bunny position with all her legs tucked under her. Similar used to happen with Mischa too.

ah this is exactly how parsley has been sleeping when he makes the noises.
I've got a follow up appointment with the vet next Wednesday, so ill record him making the noise if he does it again and let Madonna see it as well.
Fingers crosses this course clears it up

ah this is exactly how parsley has been sleeping when he makes the noises.
I've got a follow up appointment with the vet next Wednesday, so ill record him making the noise if he does it again and let Madonna see it as well.
Fingers crosses this course clears it up

Nutmeg's is really loud. Mischa's was a lot softer. Nutmeg's sounds really bad but she does tend to be a vocal bunny, you should hear her at the vets! She sounds like someone's about to murder her or something, as loud as a guinea pig! One of these days I'll get a recording of it.

Nutmeg's is really loud. Mischa's was a lot softer. Nutmeg's sounds really bad but she does tend to be a vocal bunny, you should hear her at the vets! She sounds like someone's about to murder her or something, as loud as a guinea pig! One of these days I'll get a recording of it.

parsleys not made the noise when resting again so far.
he hates me , because of these ear drops, foot flicks galore :lol:

Back