PDA

View Full Version : Is There Anymore I Can Do?

Stumpy
12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
My 2 rabbits are in a 6 x 4 shed which has been insulated. Also in the shed is a small hutch that both rabbits can get in and out off as they want, they are blankets in there to keep them warm. At night I have 3 snuggle safes under the blankets, with it being so cold. Is there anything more I can do or should be doing for my rabbits now it is so cold?

Thanks

Kermit
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Sounds like they will be cosy with what you have provided. Do you have the hutch stuffed with hay to snuggle in?

Stumpy
12-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Sounds like they will be cosy with what you have provided. Do you have the hutch stuffed with hay to snuggle in?

No but there is a storage box in there with hay in it, would that be ok?

Kermit
12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
No but there is a storage box in there with hay in it, would that be ok?

If it is a place they can choose to go and snuggle in if they want then yip I would say that's fine.

Mackers
12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
They'll be fine with the cold, as long as they have somewhere cosy, dry and draft free to retreat to. Their thick coats will offer plenty of protection against cold as long as they are not damp and drafty.

ReeceT
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Wow they have a lot of things to keep them warm. But like others said they should be fine as long as they are not getting wet or there is a draft. You might find that no matter what you provide they won't use it, as often is the case.

It was -6 in out shed this morning and ours just sleep in the open on the carpet even though they have boxes stuffed with hay. :lol: :lol: