• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with supporting a bunny at rest.

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Inca's wee leg is pretty bad just now and she leans away over to the side when she is resting. I really need to put a few things down that she could lean on. I tried rolled up towels but they just slide about the place. Does anyone have any ideas what I could use. Thinking a few things about the room would give her options.

She likes hanging half over the litter tray, so that her belly is supported by the high lip!

Over on etsy and facebook there is Frida Lagomorph and her 'Hare Apparent' shop that makes 'donut' sleeping rings especially for buns such as this . .

She defriended me for various reasons :oops: not to do with the shop etc so I cant send a direct link to my facebook but ill try and find the shop and link there.

They would be ideal

Here it is!!

https://sites.google.com/site/thehareapparent/ugli-donuts

Ugli Donuts are excellent for buns who have trouble sleeping

Over on etsy and facebook there is Frida Lagomorph and her 'Hare Apparent' shop that makes 'donut' sleeping rings especially for buns such as this . .

She defriended me for various reasons :oops: not to do with the shop etc so I cant send a direct link to my facebook but ill try and find the shop and link there.

They would be ideal

Here it is!!

They look great. I think I could get my wee granny to make something like this.....wouldn't be out of wool so not as pretty but would be free! Thanks for the idea, will get on to this!

They look great. I think I could get my wee granny to make something like this.....wouldn't be out of wool so not as pretty but would be free! Thanks for the idea, will get on to this!

The lady who does them (who is actually very nice - we just had a small falling out about something else totally), has lots of buns and is trying to raise money by selling these and her special carrier liners (with looped handles to lift them out still on the bed/liner).

I have actually just nipped over and bought a donut and a liner myself for our little nethie who has spondylosis and cant get comfy.

A less nice answer (but was quick and easy when we needed it) was a brick wrapped in several towels for B - didn't move but was somewhere for her to lean. She mostly ignored them and used Willow instead though! :roll:

A less nice answer (but was quick and easy when we needed it) was a brick wrapped in several towels for B - didn't move but was somewhere for her to lean. She mostly ignored them and used Willow instead though! :roll:

See I did think of that too but wasn't sure. I will try it :)

The lady who does them (who is actually very nice - we just had a small falling out about something else totally), has lots of buns and is trying to raise money by selling these and her special carrier liners (with looped handles to lift them out still on the bed/liner).

I have actually just nipped over and bought a donut and a liner myself for our little nethie who has spondylosis and cant get comfy.

Are they machine washable? I have asked the seller but waiting on a response. Just gonna buy one if they are.

They look cute, wonder if a bunny who didn't need one would still enjoy snuggling in it!

I know, there's a really cute one I like which Ellie would look gorgeous snuggled in and would probably fit Stevie boy in too when they're bonded! Hmm.

im allergic to wool....so s nikki..we arent the ones sleeping in it i know...altho..custom made.......lol.

Do you think I should ask about non wool filling and would it hold its shape etc. Merlin needs one...hes missing phoebe terribly..we all are. He has necrotic fatty tissue in his abdomen so the sides would hold him up almost and his belly could not touch anything.

thank you so much fir the link...i think ive been away from here longer tan i thought lol.

They would be ideal

Here it is!!

Thank you so much for that link. Dipsy doesn't need one for medical reasons, but they look so lovely and comfy I'm sure he would love one anyway and so am going to order one. That's one of the things I love about sites such as this, that you get to find such great things you probably never would otherwise have done so. I like the bright orange one, as Dipsy always seems to like bright colours to lie on. Don't know if he sees them, but something takes him to them.

Back