• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Spaying

purplesponge

Warren Scout
I have got two 11 week old girls, and I was just wondering, as I know they both have to go to the vet together to remain bonded, should only one have the operation and then given a chance to heal, and then the other one done shortly after, or should both be done on the same day (given the vet can accomodate?) Thanks guys

I've just had my two girls done at the same time. The vet said it was best as the bond remains, they smell the same, and are both quiet together.

It has worked really well, the quieter of the two picked up first but they have both done really well. Only downside I could see would be that you have to watch that both have started eating again by observation- not just the food going down, and have to give pain relief medicine by hand. But as you are keeping a close eye on them anyway that is not a problem.

i just had my 3 done at the same time and its worked out well.they usually recover quicker with a friend and as they will both be a bit under the weather the healthy one is not likely to pester the one thats had it done-if that makes sense lol

As others had said I would get them both done at the same time, most vets shouldn't have an issue with both coming in to be done. Do you have a rabbit savvy vet that you can use?

As others had said I would get them both done at the same time, most vets shouldn't have an issue with both coming in to be done. Do you have a rabbit savvy vet that you can use?

Well i've just had the boy done, and in my opinion they seemed pretty up to speed with everything, and he was back to normal the next day ( even if they are a bit pricey :/ ) i also gave them an interrogation before they even set eyes on my little prince making sure he would be looked after properly! And they are in walking distance from my house!

Well i've just had the boy done, and in my opinion they seemed pretty up to speed with everything, and he was back to normal the next day ( even if they are a bit pricey :/ ) i also gave them an interrogation before they even set eyes on my little prince making sure he would be looked after properly! And they are in walking distance from my house!

Sounds ok then, the girls take longer to recover as its major surgery for them, when they are back from the vets you need to try and make sure they don't have anything they can jump on, oh and make sure they get pain relief at the vets and some to take home

Back