• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it too cold to put my rabbits back outside

Toffee pops

Alpha Buck
10 days ago i had my two outdoor 6 month old buns spayed as there bond broke down, so they have been indoors seperated in hutches in my dinning room for nearly 2 weeks as one of the buns got gut stasis, if i can bond them again is it too cold to put them back outside considering how cold its been in the uk or are they in till the spring?, they have a huge 6ft two story hutch and a 6ft run conected but right now there in tiny hutches so its not ideal, they come out everynight for 3 hours but i no thats not enough,we have 2 house buns that live in the dining room aswell so they couldnt free range as there would be trouble,so not sure whats the best thing to do.

I would say it is, especially because it could take a while for them to re-bond. Could they not free range in another room?

After having been indoors for two weeks, I really wouldn't consider putting them back outside until the spring. It is too cold and could and no doubt would cause some health proplems. Unfair on the bunnies and costly for you.

Could you use some puppy play pens to allow them more time to exercise?

I would say it is, especially because it could take a while for them to re-bond. Could they not free range in another room?

Unfortunately my oh dosnt want any more buns freeranging i think i will get some puppy play pens mrs bunnykins suggested.

Back