• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeing near bowl ????

NJK

Warren Scout
Could anyone shed any light as to why my rabbits, or one of them anyway, has started weeing in the direction of their food bowl? This morning the pellets were actually wet! Neither of them have ever done this in five years and it now seems to be happening every day :(

how old are they? male or female? have they been neutered etc? Also have you moved anything around recently? Sorry lots of questions but we need some background first.

They are five and neutered, both female. They moved into a new hutch about three months ago and seen to have settled well. Other than that I'm baffled!

So just litter tray and food bowl?

Do you actually need a food bowl? I don't use one, I just scatter their pellets on their blanket for them to find.

I never thought of that, although still confused as to why it's suddenly started. I'll try this evening thanks.

I wonder if it might be food related ie. we want some food please, this bowl is empty kind of thing. Mine used to wee on my bed because they realised that when I got up they got food.

The only other thing I can think of would be something wrong health wise if it's sudden but that wouldn't explain why it's only the food bowl.

Back