• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What age can males start breeding

ferretfreak4

Warren Scout
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i didnt know where to put it

I've seen an ad on preloved for a pair of 10 month old french lops, a male and female siblings with their hutch.
I've asked and neither have been neutered
So i know its pretty darn certain she will be pregnant but i was just hoping

I believe they can breed about 4 months, sorry. Did the ad say she has had litters before? I would expect her to have had litters before, and if she has't, it could be a case of them being the same sex if they are 10 months old and had no litters.

That thought had crossed my mind
I would just go get them but they want £60 and with the cost of neutering them both its sort of out of my price range right now :/

You could get them, separate, and then some time next year have them neutered!

If the cost of neutering is out of the question at the moment, I should think the same would apply to the cost of having two lots of housing.

If i did get them i would be hoping to bond them with my 3
I think they said they have a 6ft hutch so i could build a run and attqch it onto it for one of them, then i could get a cheap indoor hutch qnd corden off half my room so the other can be a house rabbit until the weather is better
I'll message them again and see if they will take any less

Back