• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny proofing fail - Tango escaped!!

sierra*323

Mama Doe
I was out in the garden with Finx and Tango this afternoon for supervised free range time, when someone came to the door. In the time it took me to let them in, Tango disappeared! Finx was peering nervously at the fence and Tango was somehow next door.

In my haste to get him back safe I let the cat out, they all get on fine but she didn't help the situation, as Tango went through to next door but one. I bolted to their front door and they let me into the garden, where I retrieved Tango safe and sound, he was happily sitting in a patch of sun with Lola (cat) munching grass.

I was so relieved! It just reiterates that you literally can't turn your back for a second. Still no idea how he got out, but wanted to share - never trust a curious bunny! I'm trying not to think about what could have happened..!

I was out in the garden with Finx and Tango this afternoon for supervised free range time, when someone came to the door. In the time it took me to let them in, Tango disappeared! Finx was peering nervously at the fence and Tango was somehow next door.

In my haste to get him back safe I let the cat out, they all get on fine but she didn't help the situation, as Tango went through to next door but one. I bolted to their front door and they let me into the garden, where I retrieved Tango safe and sound, he was happily sitting in a patch of sun with Lola (cat) munching grass.

I was so relieved! It just reiterates that you literally can't turn your back for a second. Still no idea how he got out, but wanted to share - never trust a curious bunny! I'm trying not to think about what could have happened..!
I have the same problem! So I was in the dining room Little Blacky was in the kitchen I was keeping an eye on him I turned away for one second and he got through the baby gate! So he was in the living room. So I'm crawling over the gate so he doesn't ruin the carpet and he disappeared! I found him making his way up the stairs. Now I put pillows in front of the baby gate, so now he doesn't escape(so far.......) Well now it makes it an adventure owning him!:lol:

Goodness, glad all is well. Bunny's never miss a trick, do they?

Spenser isn't allowed in our computer room for obvious reasons, but the door was left open just a crack and he must have been in there for quite a while before we noticed he was missing from his own room.

Back