• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got to see this handsome boy yesterday

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
:love: :love: :love:

87724D41-E5CA-43AD-B96A-BCA79788BE53-9618-0000092B367E2C8F.jpg

EC92C580-AD8E-4FE7-9F87-7D4C6EF82DB1-9618-0000092B2A7BBDDF.jpg

He's my parents dog, Bernie, I really do miss him now I have moved out :( I had some great cuddles with the old man yesterday though! Lilly was very brave and sniffed him through the wires of the aviary! He sniffed back and found her very boring :lol:

One day I'll dig out the old photos of Bernie with my childhood rabbit Henry, they used to sleep together side by side all the time :love: I'll have to scan them in though as they are very old photos :lol:

But he's so HANDSOME for such an old dog!! And he was quite playful yesterday too :love:

:love::love::love:
What a guy!
My wee choccy lab girl would love to huddle with him, she always makes a beeline towards other labs, especially the big handsome boys.

:love::love::love:
What a guy!
My wee choccy lab girl would love to huddle with him, she always makes a beeline towards other labs, especially the big handsome boys.

Awh labs are such lovely dogs :love:

He was in my bad books last night, he did a poo under the rabbit's water bottle, I went to change the water before bed and stepped in it! I was not impressed, normally he'll go at the edge of the garden so then at least if noone sees him go we're not likely to step on it :roll:

At his age though I can't stay mad at him for long! Fingers crossed I'll be seeing him on Friday *touch wood*

How old is he?
He has obviously been looked after well, he is still very slim which must have something to do with getting to a good age.

How old is he?
He has obviously been looked after well, he is still very slim which must have something to do with getting to a good age.

If he makes it to Christmas day he'll be 15 and a half that day. He actually had always been a bit over weight :oops: by only a couple of kg, and vets were generally in consensus he was very muscly so was probably only a bit too fat, he's lost most of it as he's aged. He's still very happy but his back legs are weakening fast now :( he's still playful though and likes to potter around the garden sniffing things :love:

15 is a great age.
TBH it's so hard to keep labs slim :(
Being well muscled & a fit dog has obviously seen him to this good age.
Our wee girl was adopted at 4 1/2 years old after rehabbing from a massive soft tissue injury that became grossly infected.
She is a sweetheart & has done well but is on a constant diet.
She is also really short & stocky & sadly has mild hip displasia so I'm not sure we'll get her to the grand age Bernie is at but we will try :D

15 is a great age.
TBH it's so hard to keep labs slim :(
Being well muscled & a fit dog has obviously seen him to this good age.
Our wee girl was adopted at 4 1/2 years old after rehabbing from a massive soft tissue injury that became grossly infected.
She is a sweetheart & has done well but is on a constant diet.
She is also really short & stocky & sadly has mild hip displasia so I'm not sure we'll get her to the grand age Bernie is at but we will try :D

Awh :love: labs do love their food don't they :lol: Bernie has had arthritis in one shoulder since he was 7, he now has it in both shoulders, he went on metacam daily at 12 but after over 3 years of the stuff his liver is beginning to give up :( we thought he wouldn't make it past 10 when we found he had arthritis, then we thought he'd never hit 12, then he had 2 strokes at 12 and we thought that was it, but he's loving life too much to stop going! He's definitely slowing now though :( he's had a lovely life though :love:

Awh :love: labs do love their food don't they :lol: Bernie has had arthritis in one shoulder since he was 7, he now has it in both shoulders, he went on metacam daily at 12 but after over 3 years of the stuff his liver is beginning to give up :( we thought he wouldn't make it past 10 when we found he had arthritis, then we thought he'd never hit 12, then he had 2 strokes at 12 and we thought that was it, but he's loving life too much to stop going! He's definitely slowing now though :( he's had a lovely life though :love:

What a trooper :love:

Back