• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting More bunnys

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
We all love our bunnys:love: but once your bunnys pass are you planning on getting anymore. I probably will because I would never want to have one on her/his own once they've had a partner for so long.:roll:

When Harry died I said I'd never get another one as they couldn't be as lovely as Harry... I lasted 18 days....

I will probably get another, older bun when one of mine goes, to keep the other company. When I'm left with a single, elderly bun I'd like to move them inside.

Hopefully they have many years left, but it will depend where we are living, working etc. Also I know OH would like a dog in the future, so that's something else to factor in.

Who knows! :)

I've had rabbits since I was 6ish and cannot see myself without a bunster in my life, esp since I started rescuing when I was 16. It breaks my heart to lose them but seeing them happy and all the happiness they give me far outweighs the pain :love:

We all love our bunnys:love: but once your bunnys pass are you planning on getting anymore. I probably will because I would never want to have one on her/his own once they've had a partner for so long.:roll:
I'm thinking of getting another after I move. I hope I can:D

I usually do I love having them as pets and have done since I was young.

I think from now on though I will always try and rehome rabbits and gicve them a second chance at a good life :thumb:

OH and I were talking about this yesterday. We've got a M+F couple and a single laydee. The two girls have previously fought but having been spayed for a while now, they're warming to each other. It's our boy who's kicking up a fuss :( So we're going to attempt bonding the three (which will terrify me, but if we don't try we'll never know what could have been). If that doesn't work out then we'll hopefully be able to get a rescue boy for Jess.

But I've got six years of OU ahead of me, he has four after next summer, so by the time we're getting our careers started our three probably won't be here anymore :( In which case we'd like to move around a bit, follow job opportunities up and down the country, do lots of exploring and throw ourselves into work, so it wouldn't be fair to have rabbits living like that I don't think. Might have a cat or two though :D

Will definitely have rabbits when we settle down though, they're amazing animals and I want my children to grow up around them, along with lots of other species of course.

Back