• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel terrible Summerhouse carpet was soaked through under the base and mildew

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Have ripped all the carpet out now. About a third, mainly under their base was soaking wet and black, .:( At the entrance to the summerhouse and around the front of the base was dry. The inside of the base was also dry. I have a vet bed down, that was dry and a blanket (same one as Susiebun), which was partly wet. The side was dry. I feel so rotten. :(

Very very lucky that the plumber left a huge thick piece of block wood that nearly covers the whole floor. We had to lift the roof to get it in, was too big for the door.

I feel terrible I never noticed before but have discovered the problem was the roof protection cover had blown over. We have rope holding it down but need to buy some tacks.

Is mildrew dangerous for bunnies ?

At least you've noticed now. Is it going to be a big job to sort?

The floor won't last another year. I sorted it as soon as I realised. Could have only happened in the last few days. . Problem is Bandit hates hates hates me cleaning the summer house so instead of taking out the base I clean the base inside the summer house with a bucket of warm soapy water. Today I decided to take everything out and scrub it in the bath, which I haven't been able to do all week because we couldn't use the bathroom. I should have boarded them as planned. The plastic base bottom was wet, which made me check the carpet, and it was all wet under the base. The rest was dry, which is really weird. Rain must have got in at the back.

I scrubbed the floor but its now covered with this thick board which was used to replace the bathroom floor. Its about half an inch thick.

Yes, mildew spores can cause chest problems:wave:

Thanks. This is going to be my main concern so will keep a close eye on them.

:( I hope they didn't get exposed to it. They are both healthy. Carpet was ripped out straight away. I am always washing their blankets and throws. The floor is completely covered, everything is dry now. James secured the roof. The gaps in the corner I covered with laminate.

If I didn't have all this left over I would have had to bring them back in to the back room, which has no heating, although they would have hated the laminate. The wooden board isn't slippery. I also got the guys last week to screw on laminate board around the outside to cover any small gaps at the sides to keep the weather out.

Back