• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bertie has pneumonia

karen354

Warren Veteran
My poor baby has been poorly since Monday, luckily we found a very good vet who has treated him and looked after him really well.. Bertie stopped eating Monday on wards~ he was been fed critical care for a few days but yesterday did start eating a little by himself. He spent a few days at the vets because they could give him the care he needed.. He's home today, big improvement and he's eating not aswell as usual but he's nibbling hay, greens etc. The vet is very pleased with his progress, is there anything else we can do for Bert?

Hi Karen, no advice but I hope he continues to improve. I am guessing he is still on meds. Sending him lots of vibes x

:wave: Yes he is.. Only until Monday though :? do you think he should be on it longer?

I would get the Vet to listen to his chest again on Monday. In my experience it is usually necessary to continue antibiotics for at least 14 days in cases of Pneumonia, sometimes even longer.

I hope Bertie will soon be better xx

:wave: Just tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. Nothing important just details of a vet I used in Chester if you need it for future reference.

Hi, just a quick update ~Bertie is doing so well, he's eating,pooing, no breathing problems and seems a very well and healthy bun. They have kept him on antibiotics for a little longer but everything seems good.:D

Back