• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots Of New Bunnies!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
It's been a busy day! Two bunny dates, one bunny went to a new home, and seven new buns arrived! :shock:

Some calls you just can't turn away. :( There are two singles, a male and a female, and a mum with 4 eight week old babies.

Male, 4 months...

Seven29b.jpg

He was bouncing around his new pen until I got the camera out.

Seven27b.jpg

Female, 4 months...

Seven26b.jpg

Seven24b.jpg

Seven23b.jpg

Seven22b.jpg

Mum and babies...

Seven21b.jpg

Seven19b.jpg

I think the babies look quite thin...

Seven18b.jpg

Seven14b.jpg

Seven13b.jpg

Seven12b.jpg

Seven8b.jpg

Seven7b.jpg

Seven3b.jpg

Seven2b.jpg

Seven1b.jpg

They're all happily settling in. It's going to cost a huge amount to neuter and vaccinate seven buns, so any donations would really be appreciated.

acombrabbitrescue.org.uk

Paypal donations to: acombrabbitrescue@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you.

are all these rabbits up for adoption, I may be interested in the female after her babies are independant,

They're all gorgeous :love: It was Humbug that went to his new home today :D

The babies are still with mum, and since the babies are all a bit underweight they'll stay with mum for another couple of weeks. Then she'll be spayed.

The two singles are her babies from a previous litter.

georgeous ...:love:

I know what you mean about the ones you just cant turn away ... we had a call like that last week ...ended up with a dad and 3 youngsters ... all himis ..

at least they are safe with you now :)

I only took the call Saturday morning, I wasn't planning on taking that many buns any time soon. They had two buns which turned into 30. Most they'd given away to P@H.

On the phone they said they were keeping two, and had two females together with seven babies and a single male they needed a home for. The male wasn't the father, he escaped and was hit by a car. They also said the babies were 4 weeks old.

Quite different to what arrived! I don't think they were being devious, I think they just didn't know. They've kept four females. The guy arrived with his three kids, all holding a bunny each. The babies were in a dirty looking storage box. I said leave the box in the pen until they feel comfortable, he said he needed the box. So they came with nothing except a pile of sawdust.

I tried to talk to them about neutering and vaccinating, but I don't think it will happen. :( He said they get a great diet, "lots of carrots!" They all seem quite skinny though, so I'll start the worming tonight.

I only took the call Saturday morning, I wasn't planning on taking that many buns any time soon. They had two buns which turned into 30. Most they'd given away to P@H.

On the phone they said they were keeping two, and had two females together with seven babies and a single male they needed a home for. The male wasn't the father, he escaped and was hit by a car. They also said the babies were 4 weeks old.

Quite different to what arrived! I don't think they were being devious, I think they just didn't know. They've kept four females. The guy arrived with his three kids, all holding a bunny each. The babies were in a dirty looking storage box. I said leave the box in the pen until they feel comfortable, he said he needed the box. So they came with nothing except a pile of sawdust.

I tried to talk to them about neutering and vaccinating, but I don't think it will happen. :( He said they get a great diet, "lots of carrots!" They all seem quite skinny though, so I'll start the worming tonight.

:(
similar story with the himis we took .

I think the babies are two boys and two girls.

So far, the little white baby is Snowflake, the little pale ginger baby is Rudolph, the mum is Tinsel, and the single female is Holly.

Still need to name the single male and two of the babies. The little harlequin baby is male and the dark ginger baby is female. (I hope I've remembered that right! I had to keep double checking as I was forgetting straight away! :oops:)

Also, I thought that if there was ginger in the colour, the were harlequin, but if they were black and white they were Magpie? Have I got that right? (I might have imagined it :oops:)

Back