• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat balls.

luna

Mama Doe
Hi,

Im just wondering does anyone else use treat balls for their buns. I got the Catit ball a few months ago to feed my indoor bun Bobby his pellets in and he loves it and got the hang of it straight away. Its fun to watch him nosing it around the place too and great for enrichment and keeping him stimulated.:thumb:

I tried it with my outdoor pair too but like everything, got shoved aside and they sat sulking at their empty bowl. I tried it for about a fortnight before giving up. I guess its not for all buns and my two outdoor buns are a bit older and set in their ways but just curious as to whether other people have tried them?

http://www.petworlddirect.ie/product/Cats/Cat-Treats/HG51281

Yep, Scamp has his dry food in one. My previous rabbits had a dog sized one. If you get the ones with the twisting tops you can adjust the hole size I don't know if that would be easier :)

Yes mine have a little yellow one with carrots on it.
They roll it and throw it as well, great fun for them.

We use this one for our bun:
IMG_01871.jpg

Its good because its smooth so she can't chew it, previously she had one from PaH with carrots on it but she chewed the carrots off.

DSC01144Medium.jpg

Wow, they really have destroyed that treat ball! That's the one I have! They've had it for a couple of years and never done that!

Where did you get the other one from? Looks good.

I tried the small animal one with the carrots on it too but had more success with the catit ball as it was easier to adjust the size of the hole. I think they are a great idea and glad to hear other people find them good too.:D

I have a treat ball but find closing pellets in an old egg box works to. I do this for Pixie and she tosses the box etc until it opens.

I have one with the twisting whole at the top so you can put different pellets in. I don't use them though as I'm pretty sure it would cause a fight with multiple bunnies, certainly mine. If I had a single bunny I'd use one.

Mine have a dog one, they find it much easier to roll a big ball around.
Eli pretty much domineers it so it's a good way for him to get his extra pellets.

Back