• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do about Fudge? Lots of space/love available/ rescues please read

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
I have been thinking all night about what to do now that Herbs has gone to the bridge. I have two other pairs of buns who are really happy and I dont want to mess with them.

I hate to have a single bun and the space they all have is massive, they each have their own enclosure and the 8x10 shed has been sectioned off at different levels so that they all get good indoor space too.

They enter/exit through various tunnels and ramps.

I have always wanted to adopt a who family of buns as sometimes, (although I dont think there is such a thing as too much space) I think that there is plenty of room for more than a pair of buns in each area.

I have also wanted to have a giant bun or 2.

Would it be possible do you think to bond Fudge with a giant?

Or, if anyone, with great space is looking for a partner for their bunny I could swap fudge for a larger family thus giving a home to a group of buns rather than just one more bun.

Its not that I dont love Fudge, and I would only let him go if he was going to a great home.

What do you think RU/ Any ideas?

you need to make sure they are the same age and that fudge isn't too old then he should be fine with a giant

I dont think age needs to come into it at all :) I don't see why a giant bun couldn't work, you just need to find one with the right temperament (i.e submissive if your bun is the boss or the other way around)

Sorry for your loss. I don't know if you've seen my thread; I lost a bunny this morning and it's heartbreaking having one on it's own, I find. Eventhough she seems ok in herself, I don't like it. :( I have 10 buns now, all pairs and a trio. Very similar situation to you in that I was thinking of trying to whittle down my numbers but then thought : i have the sapce for 11, why reduce numbers when I've managed thus far. Could you not bond Fudge into a group so you can keep him? I am reluctant to bond my now single girl into one of my pairs as I don't want to change the balance, but would consider bonding her into a group to utilise the space. Just a thought. As for a giant, I had a large rex with a small cross and it worked fine. I suppose it would only be the initial bonding that might be dangerous?

Hmmm, I can feel a trip to Carolines coming on, she has seen my bunny gardens, I will see who she has that needs a home :)

Size doesn't make any difference, it's who your bunny chooses for their husbun.

Giants are usually very chilled, but bear in mind that they might suffer from back problems due to their size.

I'm sure the right bunny will come along when you're ready.

Best of luck.

Back