• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worst thing.

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
I know that we all love are rabbits to bits:love: and wouldn't change them for the world:) but what do you find is the down part to having rabbits? I've now got to go and clean out the rabbits hutch:? I'm never really keen to do this but it's so cold today to:(

I've just finished cleaning mine all out took me 3 an half hours but I love cleaning em out even if mi fingers go purple lol they just bomb round the garden and then when it's all nice n clean its nice to see em dive back into the lovely filled hay boxes :):)

Ah I love cleaning mine out in all weathers.
Even now I'm heavily pregnant I still refuse help as it's just my favourite thing.
I don't know about any downsides really. Obviously they take up my time and money but I knew that when I took them on.

Ah I love cleaning mine out in all weathers.
Even now I'm heavily pregnant I still refuse help as it's just my favourite thing.
I don't know about any downsides really. Obviously they take up my time and money but I knew that when I took them on.

:thumb::love::thumb:

bonding.:evil:
Nothing more evil as bonding Psychotic bunnies.:lol:
Or the morning check that everyones ok.
:cry:

Every day for the past 5 years I have been outside in all weathers cleaning out the rabbits, (started off with one, then 2 separate and now 2 bonded) I may lose the feeling in my fingers but they aren't going to clean themselves out! :lol:

I could say money wise they take a lot but it's expected, they're the most expensive 'cheap' pet I've ever had!

They depend on me though:love:

Edit: The worst thing is that they don't have a massive lifespan :(

Last edited:
I constantly worry about mine getting ill as I know how fragile and sensitive they can be, I'd say that was the worst thing, which rabbits were a bit more hardy!!

The worst thing about keeping bunnies for me is that Im forever looking for ways to make their homes more interesting and making and buying them toys etc and I think i get more excited about the toys than they do because everything either gets ignored or wee'd on :(

I love cleaning them out too :oops: I also dislike vet visits GP! I also dislike when I buy a new toy and they ignore it :oops: I find it very hard to find things they actually like playing with they don't make a big mess.

they tend to shove the toys you give them aside and destroy other things instead :( offered them some weetabix yesterday, they wanted to eat my rug instead :shock: buttons has chewed my kitchen door, the skirting board and taken a chunk out of the lino flooring, even though shes got plenty of stuff to chew! means we have to be creative in how we disguise it for inspections :lol:

Finding bunny poos in my tea. Although that could be the downside of a 2 year old rather than the buns :?

I think it's a toss up between how destructive they are and how stubborn they are. Between the three of them they've probably cost us our deposit on this flat, and I'm constantly trying to find ways to protect the walls and carpets but they find ways around it all. And they just will not learn! :(

As a terribly impatient person, their behaviour can get a bit much for me at times. But I love them to bits, warts and all! I just have to walk away for a minute and breathe sometimes :lol:

i muck out my buns litter tray every day and i cant complain it's cold but easyer that mucking out a hutch, then i sweep out the floor every 2 weeks
My babies live in a sumerhouse (8ftx10ft) and they then have a outdoor run (about 6ftx8ft i think) which i muck out every week or so depending on how often they went out, and then they also have a free ranging area which is huge but unfortunatly they dont use it much so that is just bunny proofed and mucked out when need be:D

I've just finished cleaning mine all out took me 3 an half hours but I love cleaning em out even if mi fingers go purple lol they just bomb round the garden and then when it's all nice n clean its nice to see em dive back into the lovely filled hay boxes :):)
Even though I dislike cleaning them out I do love to watch them go in and nom on the fresh hay and the tea you're left for them in their bowls.

I think the worst thing about loving bunnies so much is just knowing that there are so many rabbits out there who are neglected or forgotten about. It breaks my heart and goes through my mind all the time :cry:

I think it's a toss up between how destructive they are and how stubborn they are. Between the three of them they've probably cost us our deposit on this flat, and I'm constantly trying to find ways to protect the walls and carpets but they find ways around it all. And they just will not learn! :(

As a terribly impatient person, their behaviour can get a bit much for me at times. But I love them to bits, warts and all! I just have to walk away for a minute and breathe sometimes :lol:

I understand the feeling. With having a 3 year old very energetic and willful toddler who stresses me out I sometimes find my patience is particularly tested with my buns especially when i get all wrapped up in the morning to go out to them and im greeted with big puddles of wee on the shed floor and even up the walls and two bunnies that push me around and bite at my ankles to get me to move out of the way. But they make up for it when they have their free range time in the garden and they follow me around and do big massive binkies across the lawn. Thats my favourite part of being a bunny mum, seeing them happy doing binkies and bunny flops :love:

I think the worst thing about loving bunnies so much is just knowing that there are so many rabbits out there who are neglected or forgotten about. It breaks my heart and goes through my mind all the time :cry:

Same with me always on my mind .
For every loved bunny there are several unloved.
Also worry a lot about their health ,they are fragile creatures ,bless em.

I enjoy cleaning out time as they love to come and get involved grabbing dust pans and brushes.

Love them to bits :love:

Back