• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does colour affect rabbit friendships?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from this thread about rabbit colour vision, I wondered if anyone else's rabbits seem to have an affinity for rabbits of the same colour.

With one exception (Mulberry :roll:) all my black rabbits are in one group and all my others are in another. The black rabbit group, oddly enough, is led my a white bun with brown spots - he has top rabbit status in the whole garden. I wonder if the black rabbits have bonded because of a similarity to parents/siblings. Has anyone else noticed that colour is a factor in forming bonds? :?

I've only had 2 bonds here, an agouti with a black bun (the rubbed along but never really loved each other) and the same agouti with a mainly white bun (massive love!) I think their bond is better because Imogen is submissive whereas Mae and Sebastian both wanted to be boss

Not colour related but I've always wondered if bonds with Nutmeg and the lops have struggled because of them being lop eared and not using their ears in the same way as up eared bunnies for communication.

That's very interesting about your groups and just goes to show that you can never write off a bunny as unbondable after one try.

I'd never thought of it in relation to communication - though I suspect you're right - but have noticed personality differences between lops and uppy-eared rabbits - the former seem more chilled on the whole. Again my groups are more or less split into uppy eared and lop eared buns - interesting! :?

Yes both my lops were always a lot more chilled than the other two. I think Mini's laid-back-ness is rubbing off a little on the other two now.

Yes both my lops were always a lot more chilled than the other two. I think Mini's laid-back-ness is rubbing off a little on the other two now.

All my past lops have been super duper laid back but Ollie is deaf as a post and so skitty with it, Zuma however now hes a backward little rabbit he sits on the hoover when its on and frequently flops on me.

as for colours and Bonds, im beginning to think its minilops and Poppett she still pushes our ollie about about and she used to pick on Fearne she used to shove our bri around too:lol:

Back