• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad news about Herbs

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
:cry: This evening we had to help our beloved Herbs to the bridge. We are devastated.

Just when we thouht he had turned the corner and was on the mend, he knocked the huge scab from his nose before it was ready to come off.

He was in so much dicomfort, I think it must have swelled up enough to cut of the tiny air supply through his nose so he had to mouth breath which was really just too difficult for him and because of that he couldnt eat.

We just couldnt ask any more of him, he has been so good and so brave, really fighting all the way through this vile evil desease.

Cees, our vet was amazing all through the last month but when we took Herbs to see him this evening, he too, very sadly admitted that it was time to let him go.

I held him in my arms while he went to sleep.

Our beautiful brave bunny, we loved you so much. Binky free at the bridge now. :cry::cry::cry:

Thank you all for your support and best wishes over the last month

I am so sorry :(

It was a brave fight, hid body, no longer as strong as his spirit.

Binky free Herbs :(

I am so sorry - we too fought long and hard with a bun (Hawthorn) who after 10 weeks was finally defeated cruelly by this evil disease.

So devastating when he'd fought so hard with the help of you and your vet. I really feel for you. Mulberry has been recovering from nodular myxi since September, and I still don't feel she's out of the woods. It really is a cruel illness. So very, very sorry... :cry:

RIP brave Herbs.....

So very sorry that you lost him to this horrible disease :cry:

Sleep tightly, beautiful xxx

So sorry for your loss.
I have been following Herbs progress really sad
to hear this news.
3 of mine contracted nodular myxi in the summer
and we had an anxious time for about 6 weeks,but they
pulled through.
Thinking of you:love:

Back