• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone elses buns stand at the kitchen door when your cooking?

Lady Logamorph

Mama Doe
..it drives me crazy they just sit there and stare at me waiting for tea!

8251403969_f055ae4fb7.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

That is sooooooooooo adorable. :love::love::love:

The chinchillas watch me and every time I look around they are begging me for treats. :shock:

:lol: yes!! they know their routine in the evening - we get home from work, they come in the house, have a fenugreek, and a herb cigar, while john sweeps their shed, then he comes in, i get changed and put the dinner on - god forbid we get a takeaway cos rupert nudges me, sits on me, does anything to get my attention... then runs to the kitchen door as if saying 'excuse me hoomin but you haven't put any dinner on' (they know they have their pellets when we have our dinner) then every time i go in kitchen they follow me, but can't possibly go IN the kitchen cos the floor is too cold :lol: but sit there staring at me..... til they hear the plates and cutlery then they go craaaaaaaaaaaaazy! the microwave ping (cos i always do steam bags of veg) send rupert into meltdown!

bunnies are soooooo funny!!

they are very patient but if I open the door to the left the one you can see in the picture...its the veg cupboard and they jump in it! A few times I have left it open then shut it and not known then heard noises in it and they are in eat munching away! They won't walk on tiles either for some reason and Rocky will not go past the door to the kitchen at all its really odd :?

:lol: yes!! they know their routine in the evening - we get home from work, they come in the house, have a fenugreek, and a herb cigar, while john sweeps their shed, then he comes in, i get changed and put the dinner on - god forbid we get a takeaway cos rupert nudges me, sits on me, does anything to get my attention... then runs to the kitchen door as if saying 'excuse me hoomin but you haven't put any dinner on' (they know they have their pellets when we have our dinner) then every time i go in kitchen they follow me, but can't possibly go IN the kitchen cos the floor is too cold :lol: but sit there staring at me..... til they hear the plates and cutlery then they go craaaaaaaaaaaaazy! the microwave ping (cos i always do steam bags of veg) send rupert into meltdown!

bunnies are soooooo funny!!

haha they sound just like mine. But they seem to wait at the door hours before tea time and the cats do it as well. I try and walk around the house with 3 cats and 2 rabbits following me back and forth :shock:
Do you struggle putting the food bowl down as well? Mine knock it all over the place and out my hand sometimes before I've put it down :lol:

haha sooo cute!!!! rocky sounds like tia - she will not under any circumstances (not even for fenugreeks) go on the kitchen floor, she'll put her front feet past the door mat, but thats it, her back feet HAVE to be on the door mat lol rupert likes to 'help' put theveg away on shopping days - he pulled and dragged a bag of cherry tomatoes into the sitting room under the table once, i couldn't understand why the tomatoes were missing, thought oh no ive left them in the supermarket - only to hear the rustle under the table!!! he's funny! the grapes are too heavy to carry.

I love bunnies they're so clever!

pleased its not just mine who do this!

haha they sound just like mine. But they seem to wait at the door hours before tea time and the cats do it as well. I try and walk around the house with 3 cats and 2 rabbits following me back and forth :shock:
Do you struggle putting the food bowl down as well? Mine knock it all over the place and out my hand sometimes before I've put it down :lol:

Yes!! lol in the morning i clink their bowls together - they know the sound means run back to shed its breakky time, but i can't put them down fast enough lol and their pellet tubs, they jump and grab them... then tia always has to face the tv, and then tips the tub up so she can eat them off the floor haha rupert has to have his back to the tv.... if we try to put the bowls down in different places, tia just sits and stares at us as if to say 'um, hello, thats not where i have my dinner' its so cute!

Awwwww! :lol: Boris used to follow me to the kitchen every time I went in there, he didn't like actually being in the kitchen so he sat outside and waited :lol: Made me laugh every time! If I didn't give him a little something he'd get very offended and flicker his feet at me :lol:

Now that they live downstairs I don't get followed, but they ALWAYS know when I'm in there preparing things for them....I hear Boris chasing Bella before I've even started cutting the veg :roll:

haha sooo cute!!!! rocky sounds like tia - she will not under any circumstances (not even for fenugreeks) go on the kitchen floor, she'll put her front feet past the door mat, but thats it, her back feet HAVE to be on the door mat lol rupert likes to 'help' put theveg away on shopping days - he pulled and dragged a bag of cherry tomatoes into the sitting room under the table once, i couldn't understand why the tomatoes were missing, thought oh no ive left them in the supermarket - only to hear the rustle under the table!!! he's funny! the grapes are too heavy to carry.

I love bunnies they're so clever!

pleased its not just mine who do this!

haha yes mine do this as well they had a cabbage out a few weeks ago. Now I have to put the bags on the worktop when I bring them in! They are very clever though. Seems like a lot of bunnies don't like going on the kitchen floor, I wonder if its because most kitchens are tiled and its cold and slippy?

haha yes mine do this as well they had a cabbage out a few weeks ago. Now I have to put the bags on the worktop when I bring them in! They are very clever though. Seems like a lot of bunnies don't like going on the kitchen floor, I wonder if its because most kitchens are tiled and its cold and slippy?

haha did they knock it like a football ? :lol::lol:

I reckon you're right, tia especially has VERY fluffy feets so she just slides all over the place - plus one day (when we first got her) she freaked out at something on tv (a man wearing black :cry: ) and she went running into kitchen, but slid side on straight into the corner of the cooker :cry: so i think she doens't want a repeat of that EVER bless her.

i lost rupert once, and was panicking, but he'd climbed into the corner turny cupboard while i was putting shopping away :lol:

Back