• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some reflective thoughts for you all for friday morning

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
The job of a rescue....

Is to pick up the pieces when other people cant or wont be bothered .
Its finding solutions when there arnt any.
Its keeping cool when you want to rant

Its crying tears of frustration.
Its giving up your time...often for free.
and your money too .
Its taking in that one more urgent case when you dont have room ...but knowing when to stop and say no.
Its doing the right thing by the animals in your care, turning down the wrong homes offered , sticking out for the right one , even if it upsets people.
Its being strong when everything seems like its falling to pieces.
Its caring.
Its loving animals enough to let them take over your life(and often your home) yet still keep a sensible head and know your limits.
Its looking at those little faces and knowing what you do matters .
Its rewarding and uplifting.
Its BLOODY hard work and its 365 days a year.

To all other rescuers , volunteers , and rescue supporters ....
keep going ... dont give up.

To everyone else ...please support your local rescue ...we need you .

This little boy is certainly grateful to you, as am I... :wave:

Picture023-2.jpg

:love:Lots of love and you are fantastic people who do
a fantastic job.
Everyone here really apprciate what you all do.
Love to you all and all your bunnies.
:love:

:love: it's thanks to rescues that animals get that second chance, to all the rescues your work is so commendable.

Xx

On a seperate note would be really good to have a rescue sticky detailing the rescues what areas they rehome and contact details (if this hasn't already been done) x

I like this!!!

Everyone who runs and volunteers at rescues gets a whole lot of respect from me. You all do such a great job :thumb:

You are all stars in my book! :love:
I don't know where you find the personal strength to do all you do. Especially this time of year.
You make such a difference for so many "wee faces". To see a little furry companion snuggle into the warm bed or tuck into the fresh, healthy food you provide must bring a feeling like no other.
Thank you for all you do. (((((((((((((Hugs all around))))))))))))))))

:thumb: that was so well said!! It never ceases to amaze me how hard you all work and your dedication and love for our furry friends...without you the world would be a much sadder place.

Angie... would you mind if I used what you have said in a future magazine? think it would perfect to get the rescue message across, of course i'll credit it to you and BARC:thumb:

:thumb: that was so well said!! It never ceases to amaze me how hard you all work and your dedication and love for our furry friends...without you the world would be a much sadder place.

Angie... would you mind if I used what you have said in a future magazine? think it would perfect to get the rescue message across, of course i'll credit it to you and BARC:thumb:

i dont mind at all ... :wave:

Back