• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping for Attention?

Cari

Warren Veteran
Anyone else's bunny do this? As Ellie is in the bathroom until Christmas we go in to spend time with her, if we happen to go to the loo she sits on my lap for noserubs and will happily hop off, but it's almost like she goes to look for my OH for attention too and then when she can't see him she runs back up to me and thumps at my feet once but stops if she gets cuddles! Was just wondering if anyone else had a thumping bunny who wanted attention? As I can't imagine it's because she's scared or frightened?

I'm blushing :lol: I wasn't being smelly!!

:lol:

Well if you think about it, when you stroke a dog and then stop they'll nudge you with their nose or head so that you carry on. My guess is that yes, she's thumping because she wants fuss and I think that is soooo sweet! :love: Be grateful - mine run off ... :( :lol:

Or she's annoyed that you are 'marking' her territory with your 'scent'.

The affection could just be her being affectionate and not associated.

rupert sometimes thumps if he can't see both of us - like he's saying 'oh no daddy / mummy is missing'

He has awful habit of sitting watching when we go loo :oops:

Ellie actually sits on us when I go, jumps on my lap herself! Which I wouldn't mind but it's a little off putting!

I'm very grateful that she wants attention :D she's so lovely :love:

Maybe Graham, she only seems to thump with me, I just thought it was because she's a Daddy's Girl!

I'm not being silly here, but was this when it was raining?

Ludo thumped at the heavy rain yesterday twice!

Peter thumps, every morning, without fail! He hears me sliding the patio door open and he immediatley starts racing round the hutch thumping his feet! I can't work out whether its in excitement that he is breakfast time or in protest that I've taken too long to come out.

He has just recently started snatching the cup I measure the pellets in and flinging that across the hutch too!

No, it's not rained that badly here, it was bad overnight but no thumping... Hmm.

:lol: I have to make sure Ellie is out of the way before I feed her as she bit through my finger the other day in her haste to eat!

One of mine thumps if my husband is spending time with them and is on his laptop at the same time! She thumps to say 'give me attention and not the computer!' As soon as he pays her attention she stops. Think I might start thumping and see if it works for mw too. :}

Back