• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are rabbits colour blind?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Been wondering this for quite some time, but can they see colours at all? I seem to recall reading somewhere that they can, but I don't remember the details? When I first got Bella my sister made her a welcome home banner with big colourful letters, and she sat there for ages staring at it :shock: It looked like she was trying to read it but I'm wondering if she might've just seen the colours and tried to figure out what it was? She also seems more keen to destroy things that have certain colours??? I don't know :lol: Maybe I just have a strange bunny! Boris doesn't seem to be bothered by any colours whatsoever!

They're not completely colour blind but they don't have the same vision as humans, they can distinguish between green and blue (although may not see them in the same way as us), and can see better than us in low light situations but they don't get a clear picture

I wondered this as if we put the red blanket on the floor they stop at it as if they are on the edge of a big hole and won't step on it at all.

Back