• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafes - how do you heat yours??

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
:wave:

Have you ever tried heating more than one at a time??

If so, how do you work out how long it needs to be in the micro for??

Both of mine go in together for 6 minutes :) The rabbits ignore them anyway, but it's jut the initial warmth and I like knowing they are out there :lol:

I put one by their water bowl and another under their hay rack so they're close to them but they couldn't care less so I just stick them in together rather than do them separately :)

It says 6 mins but i put it in for 7 cos 6 doesn't do anything!! i have reheated it once (at the weekend) and i put it in for half the time - i know it says not to tho, but it also says to not use if warped and both mine are :?

Usually if you're heating more than one of something, you do the time plus half - and turn half way thru, but i do one at a time, and to keep the first warm, i put it on the radiator

Last edited:
Mine are heated for 8 minutes each, I never realised you could heat more then one at a time so I might try this :thumb:

Leo has his in his bedroom in his favourite spot.

Missy and litter have theirs on the ground level on the hutch in the shed. I don't think Missy bothers with it, I only see the babies cuddled up on it.

I will follow this thread as I have to heat 11 (sometime more) snugglesafes a night which obviously take a long time as I heat them individually. Even if it just doubling them, it will cut my time in half!

I do them separately (7 mins each) because I don't want to wreck them and I'd be guessing the timings if I did two at once - 12 minutes? Because when you microwave food, you have to increase the time the more you've got in the microwave so I assume Snugglesafes would be the same.

I've always thought that the Snugglesafes were more for my peace of mind than the comfort of the two buns but last evening I found Ginger (half-wild daughter of Muppette) sitting on one. :love: And she was still on it when I went out at midnight with a newly-heated one. So they do appreciate my efforts after all! :lol:

It would be interesting to find out if they could give a definitive answer as though we only doing one at the moment we''ll be doing two in Jan until we've bonded.
We do ours for 5 minutes in a 900 watt microwave oven so I'm assuming we'd do two for seven and a half?
We got one for Bo after we lost Barnaby and from just resting his front paws and chin on it, we often find him sat either half way across it out fully sat on it now. Definitely getting him a wifey-bun when we're back from parents in New Year when we move house as he gets a bit upset when we remove it in the morning so think he's started bonding with it :shock::lol:

Back