• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

to separate or not hmmmm

lucy24

Mama Doe
as in previous posts ive said that i have a trio of girls who have just had their spay and come through really well. they had been fighting on the weekend(2 of them). no problems so far but im in a dilemma as to what to do. i either persevere with the trio and hope the spay solves the fighting or i separate one and get a male from rescue to go with her? whats your thoughts? i really cannot decide what is best for all the bunnies but i want them to be happy.:?

I dont think you can think properly about this while they are in recovery.

It's hard enough to make a hierarchy work when all are feeling 100%, but think if they are all under the weather as they would be from having a spay, they'll all be fighting for their position in the hierarchy and because they feel crappy, so i think making a decision now based on how they are, isn't likely to be what they will be like as a trio when they are all feeling good.

If they are fighting during recovery though i'd definately seperate as that could cause all manner of complications.

Does that make sense?

yes that does make alot of sense graham. the two little madams who had been fighting were licking each other a minute ago so i will leave them be for now. i just hate seeing them fight! theres nothing more scary than bunny fights!!!:shock: anyway thanks for your opinions and hopefully they will be ok :wave:

I would only separate if they were fighting badly. If they are ok why stress them out by pulling them away from their friends? :(

i completely agree, id only do it if absolutely necessary (-the fight caused daisy to lose the end of her ear:shock:) they have calmed now though so as i said i will wait and watch over the next few weeks:D

Back