• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Darcy has snuffles :(

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Darcy has snuffles. :cry: Please send vibes. Any and all advice, tips and vibes gratefully received.

Darcy wasn't eating Tuesday morning and his ears were very cold. The vet took his temp and it was very high. She said he has a snuffles/resp infection. She said we caught it very early so hopefully he will recover okay. She gave him two injections, gut stimulate and antibiotic. He is on baytril twice daily. I syringe fed him critical care on tuesday and then luckily by 7pm Darcy started eating on his own again:love:. Darcy is still eating on his own now but he is not himself. He seems to be only slightly snuffly but did have a sneezing fit last night and when he tries to sniff for something you can hear the snuffly/honky noise. :cry:

Darcy is an old boysie, 8yr old frenchie with long term health problems. :(He has spondylosis, arthritic hips and seizures so is already on twice daily meds for this.

Please let me know any advice and tips you have to get him through this. xxxxx

Had a nightmare giving Darcy his meds tonight he was really fighting it. He didn't bite me just tried to chew holes in my clothes (don't care about that) and fought and pulled and pushed. Poor baby I feel so guilty making him take the meds but I keep telling him I really wouldn't do it if it didn't help him and keep him safe :( He doesn't normally fight meds so much. The only time hes fought it like that is against medicated ear drops when he needed them. :( I also noticed at the end of it his nose was really wet :( Is this a bad sign? Or is it good that maybe its all coming out?? Sorry for so many questions, I've never had a bunny with snuffles before :(

Poor Darcy. Sending vibes, and thinking of you. It is so upsetting to see our furries unwell. xx

Back