• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think he's cold at night?

Toadie

Alpha Buck
The heating in our hallway and Frodo's room (dining room) doesn't work, so during the day when I'm at home I close the door to the living room and keep him with me to keep the rest of the house warm - he does have a separate hay/litter tray and water bowl.
However I am worried about the days when no one's home and particularly night's - it does get quite cold in his room with no heating.
The hubby says I am worrying too much - Frodo has his winter coat to keep him warm.

Sorry - currently posting on my phone, it's not cooperative at the best of times.
What does the wisdom of RU say?

If he's used to it I would say he would be fine.
Most rabbits live in un insulated hutches all year round and are fine with their winter coats.

Hi Toadie, I would imagine that Frodo is fine. There is no risk of wind and rain getting to him. If you are worried, just extra snuggly things for him to cuddle to/in.

Frodo is an exceptionally healthy bunny. If in anyway he was under the weather or age related problems then it may be a cause for concern.

Sending you, Frodo and mustn't forget Lee warm, snuggly wishes. xxx

Does he have a snugglesafe? They're pretty cheap on amazon atm :) what we do too with Leo (who's room is pretty chilly at night) is put blankets on the radiator and give them to him, he loves lying on them :) Does he have a house or box he could go in? My pair don't use houses and any attempt at giving them straw or blankets would be futile ..They just dig them out :roll:

So..what I did is buy a small indoor cage and converted it into a litter tray ;) I reinforced the top as they love sitting on it and covered the top and sides with a blanket :) it's warmer in there because it's covered and full of hay :thumb: tricked them ;) :lol:

Could you do something like that? Maybe with a table or large box something?

Thanks everyone. Sometimes I think if it wasn't for RU I'd be in a perpetual state of worry! ;)

Back