• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shy bun

gabb

New Kit
hi i had my conti it is 15 weeks old and was happy out but as soon as i showed him his new home he wont come out although ive left the door open.. they said it may take a while to get used to the flooring as they had there rabbits outside.. any tips? p.s ive tried treats no interest :)

They're quite nervous animals, being a prey species, so the best way is to give them some time and let them do things at their own pace. As long as he's eating hay he'll be ok.

Try sitting in there in absolute quiet, sit over the other side of the room and read a book or something, eventually he should start to feel safe enough to come and explore. If you have treats with you he may feel safe enough to take them if he "finds" you and them on his own terms.
If you're offering them to him in the cage it would be a little bit like if you got abducted and then the abducter shoved some food in your face, even if it was your favourite food you'd probably be very wary of eating it. :lol:

ETA: and if you have lino flooring, or anything potentially slippery like that, then yes he may feel a little uneasy on the flooring. Try putting down some rugs :)

My Bunny is just the same!

Don't worry, my little 12 week old was just the same when i bought her home. It took her a while, but she soon warmed up and got used to it. Now shes bouncy and runs around everywhere.

:D

Back