• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet School CBBC

Ok so I know it's a children's programme but I came across it and it's fantastic! :D Basically teaching children how to care for pets properly. 9 children are hoping for a pet so they go to a "school" where they have lots of different animals and they learn how to look after them properly before their parents take on the commitment.

They have a fantastic bunny set up, a wendy house with a large attached run with lots of hay and toys. The young boy who got the job of looking after the rabbits thinks they're boring :lol: but it's better for him to find that out then before taking on any bunnies!

There's a cat room, ferrets, birds, reptiles, dogs and I just think the advice they are giving out is great.

Today they had a life size hamster cage and one of the children had to go inside it whilst someone did all the things a bad pet owner would do; prodding the hamster, playing loud music and pestering it. It was helping them to understand what NOT to do if you have a pet. :)

The majority of animals are there from rescues so it's promoting rescues too. :love:

It's great that there's finally a suitable pet caring programme on children's TV! (And I love it. :oops: )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/pet-school

It's on iPlayer. :p

Last edited:
saw abit of it the only bit i didnt agree with today was that they said a rabbit is a great starter pet to a dog

Yes it's good he realised they're 'boring' before he got one...

My mum always says don't I get bored the amount of time I spend just sitting with Ludo, but I just enjoy watching him hopping around being a bunny. :lol:

Back