• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when should they eat hayPICS ADDED

lucy24

Mama Doe
after a spay? the girls are nibbling on fresh stuff but not hay or pellets yet. when should i expect them to have a 'normal' appetite? thanks:wave:

Last edited:
It really varies rabbit to rabbit but give them up to 3 days to be prettymuch back to normal. Have you got the 2 fighterss separate for now?

I had Bramble spayed last thursday and she only started eating properly on sunday night. The first day I had to syringe feed as she wouldnt eat anything and then she started by eating forage, then went on to veg and finally on sunday night she started eating hay and a few pellets. Hop your bun starts eating soon :D

Molly took a week to be back to her normal self completely but she was eating properly after about 3 days.

Make sure it's all in easy reach as she is bound to be sore.

ive decided to keep them together for now as they have calmed and are all cuddled to eachother:love: im keeping them in my room for now to keep a close eye though. daisy just flopped!:love::love::love::love::love:

bluebell seems to be struggling the most ie the most groggy. but she eats when i put things in front of her.

SAM_5931.jpg

SAM_5930.jpg

Awww :love: lovely photos :)

Mine ate hay straight after they woke up at the vets; I was lucky. After 24 hours I let them out of their cage (like yours) for a little stretch of the legs and after that they were out every day in the utility room for 20-30 minutes but under strict supervision so they didn't try and jump onto anything. We had them indoors for about 10 days and they - and us (me in particular) - were relieved when they went back outside :lol: It was so lovely to have them indoors as the fuss they received was immense, but they stunk the utility out come day 10 even though they were cleaned out regularly :lol:

Back