• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:( A Sad Day :(

Hi Everyone,

It's my first time posting as I have read some things on here that have helped.

Here's what's happened:
Me and my girlfriend decisded to get a rabbit about 18 months ago, a small Dutch rabbit named Twitch. He has always been happy, eating his food, drinking his water etc, he got let out of his hutch at least twice a day to have a run around, (usually chasing our unaturally soft dog lol).

Now about 6 months ago we had to take him to the vets due to loss of appetite and he had to have a operation on his stomach due to some infection, I can't remember the name. However after that he has been fine and his usual self.

This morning while I was at work my partner phoned to say that she had gone to clean his hutch this morning and he started having a "fit" which lasted about 10 mins and then he died in her arms :(.

Can anyone help? Give us suggestions as to what happened to our happy, lively, playful little friend?

Many Thanks in advance NW & BH

I have no suggestions regarding the cause but wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. He does sound like he had a lovely life with you and was loved very much.

Most of us have been through it on here and it is somewhere you can come if you need to "talk". Some people find comfort by posting something in Rainbow Bridge.

i'm so sorry for your loss :(

Thank you again everyone! I know I am replying really quick but can't get used to how quiet it it is, usually have the rabbit chasing the dog around at this time of night, now the dog is sat looking saying where is my friend :( might have to give him a bone to cheer him up! and then he can give me hug :)

Sorry to hear your news... Hugs to you all..

He sounded like a happy wee soul who was dearly loved.

Fee xx

I am so sorry for your loss.:cry: Rest easy Twitch. x

We all understand how upsetting the loss of a beloved bunny can be. If you feel the need for support or just to vent your feelings, don't be in the least bit nervous or shy.

As I said, we understand.

Take care. x

Oh I'm so very sorry to hear this :( Was your little man vaccinated? Fitting can sometimes be a symptom of VHD, which can kill very quickly in a bunny who had been healthy beforehand. The only way to know for sure would be to have a post mortem done on him.

Rest in peace little Twitch, and big hugs to you xx

Back