• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies are fighting after being at the vets :-(

Vix_123

New Kit
Hi, if anyone can help or offer any advice I would be really grateful!

My two 8 month old mini-lop sisters Amber & Bella were spayed on Friday and came home Friday night. They were recovering well until Bella got gut stasis on Sunday evening and had to be admitted to the vets. I took Amber too and they said they would try and keep them together but they had to separate them as Amber kept chewing through Bella's drip. I picked them up this evening and they said that the tried to put them back together and they had a 'spat'.

When I got them home, I put the carry cases together for a while and then got them out and put them in the enclosure together. They sniffed each other and then Bella went for Amber. We tried again in the kitchen and they both went for each other.

They used to love each other so much and I just don't know what to do!!! Can anyone offer any advice. At the moment I have one in the dining room and one in the kitchen.

Thanks in advance

Vic

I think you are going to have to keep the apart now until they have both fully recovered from their spays.They are likely to do each other harm and cause each other a lot of stress (and potential gut stasis again) if you try to get them back together straight away given that they are clearly having 'issues' with one another. You will then need to attempt to rebond them from scratch so to speak.

Back