• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad news :(

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
I have got some sad news to report.

We found Rudolph fast asleep in his run this morning, with his brother sat right beside licking him which broke my heart.

Run free Rudolph.

I will post some pictures later/next few days when I feel up to it.

Thank you everyone.

We had noticed he had been a little slow over the last few weeks, but we assumed it was due to the temperature drop.
It has been a bad week for us here, we lost our little rescue guinea pig too you see.

Raymond doesn't seem too withdrawn but I know he will be lost without Rudolph as they were always together.

I am not sure what to do regarding Raymond now, he has never spent a day without his brother.

Thank you everyone.

We had noticed he had been a little slow over the last few weeks, but we assumed it was due to the temperature drop.
It has been a bad week for us here, we lost our little rescue guinea pig too you see.

Raymond doesn't seem too withdrawn but I know he will be lost without Rudolph as they were always together.

I am not sure what to do regarding Raymond now, he has never spent a day without his brother.

I'm so sorry - what a terrible shock :(. I had the exact same situation with Flora and Parsnip who were sister and brother and never parted their whole lives. They were 9.5 years old when Parsnip died. I brought Flora indoors for a few weeks but it was clear she would rather be outdoors. So at that point, I bit the bullet and paired her up with a five year old chappie. She really seemed to relish the company again and whilst the bond is not as all-consuming as it was with her brother, she's clearly enjoying the bunny company so I'd say "don't rule out a companion" when you feel ready.

So so sorry :( Binky free rudolph xxx

When we lost Lily I found that Rosey seemed ok but I was worried about her so I moved her inside and she is away being bonded with a new bun now which is just fab :)

Back