• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lesson to be learned here ...

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
... my rabbits - well, Coco it was - frightened the living daylights out of me this morning.

On my own as the children are at school and hubby at work, so no change there then. Letting bunnies free-range while I tidy up/sweep their hutch, do the litter tray etc etc and put stuff in their outside run like breakfast, toys, hay, water etc etc. Whilst doing this I noticed Coco was at her favoured diggy spot by the fence. Not a problem as she can't get out. A few minutes later I decided to check on bunnies to make sure they weren't eating my flowers. Couldn't find Coco. Anywhere. Just a hole where she was digging :shock:. "No, no, couldn't get out, couldn't get out" but I was terrified - I couldn't find her. Not in the pot corner she so skilfully jumps the fence to get to :roll:, not in the bushes, not round the bins ... you get the picture. Just this hole against the fence :(. Grab the keys, Thumper obliges by going in run so she's safe and so I can go next door. Tear around their garden - the pond :shock: no; not there, phew. Not anywhere. Have a look at hole by fence from their side - "too small, too small" by now my heart's racing, I feel sick and feel so ... empty, desolate. Near to tears.

Come back in the garden "she has to be here, she has to". Check in the shed - again. There she is, sat in her hutch, all innocent :thumb:. Such a relief I was practically crying. Where she had been I don't know - possibly in her hutch but I swear I checked.

Lesson to be learned - check properly in future before panicking!

Little devil :evil:

If I didn't know better I'd swear she was getting revenge - I didn't put snugglesafes in last night and it froze ... :lol:

Oh gosh - I can well imagine your panic! I panic when I lose one in the lounge even when logic is telling me that there is no way they can get anywhere...you poor thing. But so glad she was safe and sound all the time though.:thumb:

Back