• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbs, my myxi bun update

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Hi everyone

Its been a terrible 24 days since Herbs got myxi.

He is the bravest bunny, struggling through everything this terrible desease can throw at him.

Thank fully, he is stil with us despite two trips to the vet thinking that I couldnt let him go on another minute.

My vet is wonderful, they have given me every assurance that Herds is a strong bun and has every chance of pulling through.

His partner Fudge is also doing an amazing job of looking after him, I really dont think that Herbs could cope without him.

He still has a long way to go, just when I think he is coming out the other end he has another bad day where I think he looks worse. He is still eating, (although I cant get him to eat hay), he wont take the recovery food any more so I am feeding him on mushed pellets and porridge with as many herbs and veggies that I can get into him.

He manages to hop around even though he cant see.

Please send as many vibes as you can spare to get him through the next few weeks.

that is so wonderful to read and hopw others find hope in your experience with brave Herbs.

Glad he's still with us and hope he makes a complete recovery x

we have been down this route with three bunnies now - two survived - one sadly did not make it.

The key is to keep up his weight and his interest . . and not let him succumb to secondary infection.

You are doing the best for him I know - and I know how hard it can be.

He's done really well to get this far. From what I've read Day 20 is a bit of a milestone, and he's safely past that... :thumb:

My Mulberry is still battling the nasal infection from her recent nodular myxi. She had it approx 20th September, and her last nodule came off tonight, which gives you some idea of the timescale. There have been many times when I've wondered if it's fair to keep going, but she has carried on eating with such enthusiasm throughout that I've never been able to go through with having her pts even though one vet has had her doubts as well. (The other saw her on a better day and was happy to battle on). One eye is still semi closed (the nodules round it seem to have changed/distorted her eyelids a bit) but that's just cosmetic and I strongly suspect it bothers me more than it bothers her. It hasn't stopped her chasing me round the kitchen for the last few nights until she gets her veg treats, so hopefully she's starting to get past the danger point. As Parsnipbun says, though, it's a long and difficult journey. The thing I'd really bear in mind is how long it takes. You really do have to be patient for months rather than weeks.

Sending millions of vibes to your brave little boy :wave:

Back