• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and Christmas Trees

Cari

Warren Veteran
We have a fake white Christmas tree and this is the first year Stephen will be in the same room as the tree. It's got lights ready attached to it, and we've protected the wire (we hope) but cannot protect the wire that is actually on the trees.

We've got the old hamster playpen around the bottom of the tree to protect the presents and try and stop him eating the paper and presents!

Just wondering what people did to rabbit proof their Christmas trees and if there's anything else we can do?

have you got any rabbit play pen panels(puppy), these could work even better as higher then hamster ones :wave:

20121202_181729.jpg

This is the hamster pen around the bottom. Haven't got any rabbit panels, could look for some though. :)

We just put up our tree yesterday and rabbit proofed it - so far successfully! Last year Leo had a mad time biting and gnawing the lowest branches under the tree. So this time, we put the tree on top of a wine crate, lifting it higher than he could reach. Luckily, my buns are quite small. Ive been observing them and although Leo has been trying again he could just about sniff the lowest hanging decoration!

He conveys his disappointment :( (hah!) :lol:

As for the lights, the part that trails on the ground i taped up onto a nearby pillar out of his reach. You could easily do that on the wall. Doesnt look very glamourous but bunnies are safe!

Glad the bunnies arent in the living room this year.

Biscuit destroys christmas trees!

Good luck, in my experience, if he's determined enough, he'll find a way!

Back