• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bike shed

pam1

Young Bun
hi all, after asking for advise of were to buy a double rabbit hutch, ive decided im going to invest in a 6ft x 3ft wooden bike shed, and going to convert it into a double hutch myself (well my bf is!!) im looking for a sturdy well made shed. ive found a few websites already, but any more advise would be great :) thanks!!:wave::wave::wave:

I bought mine from Wilkinsons who don't sell it anymore but it was delivered by this company and they do still sell it:
http://www.waltons.co.uk/waltons-bike-security-store-shiplap
There are a couple of photos here:
http://www.therabbithouse.com/gallery_item.asp?Entry=81

The quality is good and it's still standing 4 years later with no problems. Just make sure you get a shiplap/T&G shed and NOT an overlap shed. Overlap is not built to last.

hey, thanks for the links :) this is the one i think ill get: http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Storage/BillyOh-Pent-Premium-Bike-Store

I've had 2 bike sheds (for storing hay etc) ordered online, and been disappointed by both of them
The problem with ordering online is its difficult to judge the quality until it arrives, by which time its too late.
My current one is a T&G and I paid extra for a T&G floor. It was a similar price to the B&Q bike shed, but the quality is absolutely rubbish. When mine arrived I could have almost picked the whole pile of it up by myself - no guts at all. The wood is so thin I think its only the layers of preservative I've slathered on that keep it standing!!!

In comparison the B&Q bike shed, which I'd seen in store, is far superior quality, so be aware of what you're buying. They look and sound good online, but the **** review I gave mine didn't make the website........

I've had 2 bike sheds (for storing hay etc) ordered online, and been disappointed by both of them
The problem with ordering online is its difficult to judge the quality until it arrives, by which time its too late.
My current one is a T&G and I paid extra for a T&G floor. It was a similar price to the B&Q bike shed, but the quality is absolutely rubbish. When mine arrived I could have almost picked the whole pile of it up by myself - no guts at all. The wood is so thin I think its only the layers of preservative I've slathered on that keep it standing!!!

In comparison the B&Q bike shed, which I'd seen in store, is far superior quality, so be aware of what you're buying. They look and sound good online, but the **** review I gave mine didn't make the website........

thanks for that :) its really interesting to hear what people are buying and whats decent and whats rubbish, id much rather pay a bit more for a decent shed. ive looked at one which is local, ill prob just go for that. but i like to shop around to :wave::wave:

I'm happy with them :D I got two of the 6x4 sheds. I made a couple of threads about the making of them:

Shed One

Shed Two

Hope that helps! xx

Wow! What lucky rabbits you have! Was it easy to cut the windows into the bike shed? I've been thinking about doing that to my playhouse, but I have little to no DIY skills so wouldn't know how to go about it :lol: Looks fab anyway! :love:

Wow! What lucky rabbits you have! Was it easy to cut the windows into the bike shed? I've been thinking about doing that to my playhouse, but I have little to no DIY skills so wouldn't know how to go about it :lol: Looks fab anyway! :love:

It was a bit tricky! My dad drilled holes in the corners then used an electric saw thing to cut the square out. Then we cut some plastic stuff to size (difficult to do without it shattering!) and used wood on either side to hold it in place. It's a two man job at least, three would be better. I couldn't have done it without my dad and his power tools!

wowzers!!! that looks ace!! at the moment the bunnies are getting on, so i'll make it with a ramp from top 2 the bottom, and when they start showing signs of disagreeing, the shed will be made into 2 spacious 'hutches'. thats the idea at the moment. :):)

I ordered a full sized shed from that website which you can see
here it's always wise to check out the reviews left on there before purchasing online but mines only been up since October but it was easy to assemble and is good quality for what I paid :)

Back