• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone who said rabbits were clean animals

bethepoet

Mama Doe
obviously had not met Alfie and Harriet

2mheyqr.jpg

:shock:

I took a deep breath and turned it into this

ayasgp.jpg

It's been a few hours now. It's closer to the first than it is to the second :roll:

P.s nobody tell Alfie purple is a girl's colour.

hmm yes that looks familiar, but imagine a 6x4 shed (covered in poo :roll:) and a 13x4 run covered in hay and straw :roll:

Oh god. I just hoover up after them when they're outside, but during the night it's a free for all, which is why every morning I have to do that :roll:

On the other hand, here is a photo of my lovely (NEAT!) Jessie eating her evening veg undercover :D

vwphxw.jpg

:lol: Impressive!

I just cleaned mine out a little while ago (all the while trying to dodge them because they thought they were getting forage) and there is already a smattering of poops by the litter tray and bramble leaves on the blanket. I got all the way round the room thinking 'ooh this is nice Nutmeg hasn't weed anywhere' and then found a wee in their dog bed :roll: She has certain places that clearly need to be marked several times a day; by the litter tray, by the hay, under the bed and in the dog bed.

But it's WAY better than it was a week ago so I'll let them off :lol:

:lol: Impressive!

I just cleaned mine out a little while ago (all the while trying to dodge them because they thought they were getting forage) and there is already a smattering of poops by the litter tray and bramble leaves on the blanket. I got all the way round the room thinking 'ooh this is nice Nutmeg hasn't weed anywhere' and then found a wee in their dog bed :roll: She has certain places that clearly need to be marked several times a day; by the litter tray, by the hay, under the bed and in the dog bed.

But it's WAY better than it was a week ago so I'll let them off :lol:

:lol:

They're such little ... :roll: They are very lucky they're so cute.

:lol:

They're such little ... :roll: They are very lucky they're so cute.

Oh extremely ;) :lol:

I was expecting it tbh, it's normal for her to do that in a new place. Just wish she wouldn't wee under the bed cos it's the hardest place for me to get to!

Have you ever thought about using pegs to peg their blanket to the dog crate sides? I always pin their blankets down wi as much heavy furniture as I can cos Smudge is a digger and likes scrunching them up.

Oh extremely ;) :lol:

I was expecting it tbh, it's normal for her to do that in a new place. Just wish she wouldn't wee under the bed cos it's the hardest place for me to get to!

Have you ever thought about using pegs to peg their blanket to the dog crate sides? I always pin their blankets down wi as much heavy furniture as I can cos Smudge is a digger and likes scrunching them up.

I had not, that's brilliant :eek: I'll get some tomorrow.

And I know, they always find the most inconvenient spot. She looks small, too, so I bet she's even sneakier :D

Jessie is great, she had a bit of a messy patch while her post-op hormones were settling but has since gone back to being a lovely clean bunny. I wish the other two were as laid back as she is, but Alfie is a digger too and Harriet has always been into rabbit feng-shui. I sat and watched them this afternoon. For about ten minutes he grabbed the same bit of fleece and moved it backwards and forwards about an inch each time. Then Harriet went and did the same with the opposite side.

Really, bunnies. Really? :roll:

I had not, that's brilliant :eek: I'll get some tomorrow.

And I know, they always find the most inconvenient spot. She looks small, too, so I bet she's even sneakier :D

Jessie is great, she had a bit of a messy patch while her post-op hormones were settling but has since gone back to being a lovely clean bunny. I wish the other two were as laid back as she is, but Alfie is a digger too and Harriet has always been into rabbit feng-shui. I sat and watched them this afternoon. For about ten minutes he grabbed the same bit of fleece and moved it backwards and forwards about an inch each time. Then Harriet went and did the same with the opposite side.

Really, bunnies. Really? :roll:

:lol: That had me stifling laughter for fear of waking everyone up :lol: Rabbit Feng-Sui, I love it!

Yes she is small. First time we put up the baby gate and admired our hard work, she comes over and waltzes straight through like there was nothing there. :roll: Now they're in a three they've started picking up on each other so while I'm trying to sort one out the other two will be taking advantage of the diversion. I love it though :love:

:lol: That had me stifling laughter for fear of waking everyone up :lol: Rabbit Feng-Sui, I love it!

Yes she is small. First time we put up the baby gate and admired our hard work, she comes over and waltzes straight through like there was nothing there. :roll: Now they're in a three they've started picking up on each other so while I'm trying to sort one out the other two will be taking advantage of the diversion. I love it though :love:

Haha, that's the only way to describe it though! I can see their little brains thinking "yes, it's perfect now" and to me it's just a mess :lol:

Oh bless her! And them. I'm contemplating bonding my three, but I'm so scared and am half thinking I should just get a rescue to bond with Jessie and have two sets of two. But it just makes everything more difficult, having to separate them. It's hard :(

My two outside are terrible. Every day it looks like it hasn't been cleaned for a week. Poos everywhere, including getting on top of the base and pooing all over their throw. Poos in the corner, poos on the skirting boards and in the gaps of the carpet. What do they get up to in there ?:shock:

They use the litter tray too. How much poo can 2 bunnies produce ?

Mr B, who lives inside, is a very good boy. He uses his litter tray and its very rare to find a stray poo.

eeeekkkk :shock: rosie and mowgli used to be the same, esp rosie, she used to shred my thumper bear to bits :shock:

mabel and sox take the easy life :love:

Haha, that's the only way to describe it though! I can see their little brains thinking "yes, it's perfect now" and to me it's just a mess :lol:

Oh bless her! And them. I'm contemplating bonding my three, but I'm so scared and am half thinking I should just get a rescue to bond with Jessie and have two sets of two. But it just makes everything more difficult, having to separate them. It's hard :(

I kept thinking that if I didn't at least give it a proper go I would spend the rest of the time thinking 'what if'. It is a lot easier in one group for me!

I suppose so. It's just so nerve racking - Jessie already has a pierced ear from Harriet, I don't want Alfie to pierce anything else :shock:

Btw, this is what Alfie thought of my tidying:

2ahzlet.jpg

Not to his standards at all.

Shall I show you what Mini did to Nutmeg a couple of years ago...

FA4B7B63-A649-47CC-880C-533650939B55-1221-0000027A7E28216E.jpg

And now they're really happy together :D So just because they're fought before doesn't mean it's hopeless :)

Back