• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grief has a devastating affect on surviving bunny.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Merlin was in at the vets when she had the massive heart attack and died. The vet was as worried about him as we were but he seemed yo be cooing so well itvwas shocking! Then a week later he was full of mites depressed and not eating like he was. The vet gave him a dental to rule it out...and treated his mites. Within a few days hed ome home....improved then taken a nose dive. I git him into the snr vet and he gave me the bad news merking guts were comp,ete,y stopped...i had to decide to give him a chance with meds for 24 to 48hrs....as long as his guts didnt rupture. Or have him pts right there and then. Eventually he said wed try the furst one but if the pain relef wasnt enough and the gut stayed still..it would die off and hed e anyway...but theyd ask me to ome e with him...or if itbwas too quick..theyd ring fir my oermission to have him pts

shock to everyone but especially us and the vet...hes made it....so far so good..hes eaten parsley..some pellts some hay drank by himself....and as weed and dine a few teeny poops still.

i know hes not out of the woods...yet....but all vets etc have concluded it was delayed or slow gref fir losing his wifey Phoebe.

hes too ill to ever bond with another bunny...same problem fir Lily.

its so sad to see him missing her we all miss her but to him..bless him. So i think more owners and vets need to be aware that grief in bereaved buns can take a while to show up.....:(

This is what happened to my smudge in march when I lost her partner Dudley I brought her in the house for about 6 weeks while she was ok again then I plucked up courage to take her to BARC for a new husbun and she's happy again now :love:

Back