• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could they remember each other after all this time...Reubens sister for sale

bunny-boo

Warren Scout
Reubens sisters/ Mother have just been put up for sale on free ads and I am wondering if he would remember any of them? I do want a friend for him at some point and I feel sad they are for re-homing, could he remember any of them now? last saw them arounf 2 months ago, he is 5 months old, not sure if they could bond now?

They can remember rabbiits they have known. i brought a female home and 10 weeks later the woman wanted to rehome her husbun (she'd split them up as they were fighting) so I brought him home and 2 weeks later I put them toogether and they were and are as happy as anything and certainly remembered one another. so there is a good chance they will remember possibly due to their keen sense of smell.

If you were hoping to get him a friend anyway then even if he didn't remember, you wouldn't be any worse off, it would just be like bonding strangers :) My Finx met her sister when she was about a year old, as she had to spend a day in a run in OH's Mum's garden while we moved house.

They weren't able to actually touch each other, but the vibes weren't good! However, Finx's sister (Bopbop - named by OH's niece) wasn't spayed and Finx was effectively in her territory. You may have better luck introducing a girl to a boy :) Plus Bopbop is particularly bossy and rules over her husbun, so I imagine it depends a lot on personality!

yeh I was going to get him a baby friend female as thought might have better luck bonding, was going to get him neutered after xmas when he is 6 mnths old, would mean I would have to get him done asap, and then bring her home. Not sure as if they hate each other it would be a bit of a nighmare...

He probably won't remember and she/they probably won't remember so if you do then I would keep them totally separate until they are ready to be bonded and do it as you would, in a small neutral area :)

If you had a baby female she would need to be spayed when she was old enough and then wait 6 - 8 weeks for her hormones to die down before trying a bond. You could be waiting a while.

Babies go into rescues all the time and they will be spayed and bonded for you so less hassle and cost overall.

If you had her then I wouldn't put them together as I imagine she isn't spayed? She will be full of hormones so would probably be territorial towards him and it needs to be left around 4-6 weeks for male hormones to die down, also sperm can stay alive for a few days afterward so shouldn't be put with an unspayed female straight away. It could work but it is easier to have both spayed/neutered and then wait 6 weeks before attempting a bond.

Last edited:
They definitely wont remember each other or know they are siblings. All Reuben will be interested in doing is......well, what entire Bucks do.

yeh I wouldn't have put them together until at least one had been neutered, I was more wondering if the fact that they were sibblings could help with the bonding.

Back