• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Touchwood...

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
I 'think' I'm on top of Matildas urine problem:)

its only taken a year and a half, and tons of meds and vets appt, 2 lots of having a bald bum, open sores, and alot of stressfullness putting on creams etc

shes hasn't had an 'episode' since end of august!!! its the longest shes never had problems since having grayson!

Pretty sure it was diet related!

Having spent ages adjusting her diet, which a certain type of pellets, tiny amount of geen veg, no treats of fruit or fenugreeks etc

also swapping from bottle to bowl, might have nothing to do with it but since swapping she now drinks normally rather than tilting her head back and taking in tones of air whilst she drinks!

so finger crossed, for now shes doing really well!! it seems to be the slightly dietery change that kicks it off again :/

I'm glad she seems to be turning a corner, I really hope this is the end of her problems. Well done for persevering. :D:D

That is great news. I can totally relate as I am going through the same thing with my Inca just now!

I have ordered the Vetcare urinary tract pellets to try and she is on another 4week course of antibiotics!

glad she's doing much better.

I have a bauld bum bunny after a bad UTI. I'm hoping she grows her fur back soon it looks so mean.

Are you feeding the vet care urinary tract sticks? I've put my girl on to these but am still giving her some ss pellets as she lost a lot of weight wih the infection putting her off her food.

That is great news. I can totally relate as I am going through the same thing with my Inca just now!

I have ordered the Vetcare urinary tract pellets to try and she is on another 4week course of antibiotics!

aww, I hope you find the right diet/treatment for her soon! x

Back