• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oooh so tempted! ;)

Natty123

Warren Scout
Okay, so at my daughter's school, they are building a new science block and it's a building site: Lots of wood offcuts (which I am in desperate need of!) and loads of the black drainage pipe stuff all in the skip and I am sure there would be lots more stuff if I actually had a proper look, even at a glance I could see so much stuff :D

I just can't pluck up the courage to ask them for some, they would wonder what a grown woman is going to do with some random plywood offcuts and some drainage pipe! :lol::lol::lol:

oh - go & ask them - c'mon! lol! :pI know what you mean but once you just say - can I have some wood & pipes out the skip - you'll wonder why you were all worried, plus you are making use out of it and saving on it just being dumped. If oyu see the builders or who ever is putting the bits into the skip - ask them directly...might be easier and make sure your boots empty so you can take it straight away.

i had a neighbour who passed away and the council came to dig up the pond..there was a load of drainage pipes in it and they chucked it into a skip- I asked if I could have them and they were really helpful with getting every piece out....lol...and were quite happy it was being used for bunny tunnels...;) Got us talking about rabbits! lol!:p

They have to pay per filled skip, so if you offer to take some of the filling most people are quite chuffed and it stops it going to landfill!

I don't think it's that weird to ask for tunnels for a pet rabbit - they'll assume it's your daughters anyway.

It can get much worse, at some point the washing machine repair man will come by and you have to explain the cardboard box by his left elbow contains a napping rabbit (please don't disturb) and explain away the two sticks, collection of poops and a lot of fluff to be found under the washing machine... or is that just me?

They have to pay per filled skip, so if you offer to take some of the filling most people are quite chuffed and it stops it going to landfill!

I don't think it's that weird to ask for tunnels for a pet rabbit - they'll assume it's your daughters anyway.

It can get much worse, at some point the washing machine repair man will come by and you have to explain the cardboard box by his left elbow contains a napping rabbit (please don't disturb) and explain away the two sticks, collection of poops and a lot of fluff to be found under the washing machine... or is that just me?

No in my case it was the heating man who came to install a radiator downstairs, he had to go round to all the radiators (twice :oops:) and I hadn't had a chance to sweep up or change their box and the radiator is right next to the litter tray. :oops:

Niiiiiice.

:lol::lol::lol:

I would ask; they probably wouldn't think anything of it...... and you'd get lots of great stuff the bunnies will thank you for. :D:thumb:

Just ask, who cares if they wonder what you want it for! They are probably glad that someone can use the leftovers.

Okay, so I am going to see if I can get some tomorrow, but I don't think my daughter would ever speak to me again if she saw me doing it :lol:

Okay, so I am going to see if I can get some tomorrow, but I don't think my daughter would ever speak to me again if she saw me doing it :lol:

yeah! Goodluck! I dont think your daughter should care...either way - its makes more fun for the bunny...so it doesnt matter what she thinks!:lol:

No, I haven't been in yet. The workers haven't been there this week probably due to the rain :? Maybe my daughter could ask the school for the spare wood as supplies to make some sort of christmas present? :lol: I honestly don't have the guts :oops:

Back