• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Pet Shop Five-They Were so Tiny

what was their story if you don't mind me asking Jane? they were adorable :love:

I went into a certain Pet Shop and noticed an unwell looking Doe with a litter of 5 three week old Rabbits. I pointed out my concerns about the Doe.

On returning to the shop a few days later I saw the kits but no Doe. She had been found dead :cry:

One of the Kits was really poorly and I eventually got the store Manager to allow me to take him to my Vet. I had to leave my Driving Licence at the shop as proof that I would not abscond with him..........

After much ongoing negotiation I eventually got a relief Manager to agree that the welfare of the kits would be better served off the shop floor and at home with me where my Vet had agreed to come over and check them all.

One remained very poorly for a while and she still has some brain damage. They all required a milk substitute feed, but they were all able to lap from a dish so I did not need to bottle feed all five !! They were also eating hay and pellets.

Thankfully they all survived and they are all still with me. Two were rehomed initially, but they were returned due to a change in circumstances for the person who adopted them. They will never be rehomed again.

I went into a certain Pet Shop and noticed an unwell looking Doe with a litter of 5 three week old Rabbits. I pointed out my concerns about the Doe.

On returning to the shop a few days later I saw the kits but no Doe. She had been found dead :cry:

One of the Kits was really poorly and I eventually got the store Manager to allow me to take him to my Vet. I had to leave my Driving Licence at the shop as proof that I would not abscond with him..........

After much ongoing negotiation I eventually got a relief Manager to agree that the welfare of the kits would be better served off the shop floor and at home with me where my Vet had agreed to come over and check them all.

One remained very poorly for a while and she still has some brain damage. They all required a milk substitute feed, but they were all able to lap from a dish so I did not need to bottle feed all five !! They were also eating hay and pellets.

Thankfully they all survived and they are all still with me. Two were rehomed initially, but they were returned due to a change in circumstances for the person who adopted them. They will never be rehomed again.

awwww, well done you for saving them!:love: Which of your buns are they? :wave:

They are gorgeous Jane. And I think you might be one of the most amazing people I know of, with all the love and care you give your buns.

Jane you are a really amazing woman and nothing stops your from helping buns in need, your a real star, them buns did look really ill at the beginning and you managed to get them up and running Jane there is loads more i can say about you but i think i would end up with a post a page long xxx

awwww, well done you for saving them!:love: Which of your buns are they? :wave:

Liam
Rabbits003-24.jpg

Niamh
Rabbits005-20.jpg

Patrick
Rabbits122-1.jpg

Enya
Rabbits066-3.jpg

Jo
Rabbits125-2.jpg

Back