• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lining of you hutch?

Charmednm

Mama Doe
Hoping to get a new hutch very soon but im going to kit it out to make it last longer and was thinking of puting lino in the bottom?
Who does this? does it work? or can someone suggest something else?

Lots of people do this, makes cleaning so much easier.:thumb: I would have done this had it crossed my mind when Spenser was a hutch bunny. He was always very tidy though, rather more so than he is with his indooor crate!

When I got poppys current hutch i wasnt very educated so after a year and a half is ruined, was looking for a better one the right size but there all just too dear. So going to buy her the same one and 'do it up' cheaply its the perfect size for her and she likes it :D

I had lino in the hutch and they have it in their shed. So much easier to clean, I have a dustpan and brush in there to sweep up the hay that's come out of the hay racks/litter tray so it's not all over the place :)

I put lino in the playhouse, much easier to clean just make sure you fit it properly because insist and got rabbit pee down the side and under it and it wasn't pleasant an needed replacing!

make sure you get stuff meant for the bathroom so that it is non-slip. normal vinyl/lino the bunnies can struggle with

Yes it makes an amazing difference! If the hutch is coming flat pack, I would suggest putting the Lino on first before you assemble it, that way you don't have to cut round any awkward corners, you can just glue it straight to the base and then trim it off round the edges. Then when you put it all together, you just need to go round the edges with a bead of silicone sealant and hey presto, a perfectly sealed, easy to clean hutch!

Yes it makes an amazing difference! If the hutch is coming flat pack, I would suggest putting the Lino on first before you assemble it, that way you don't have to cut round any awkward corners, you can just glue it straight to the base and then trim it off round the edges. Then when you put it all together, you just need to go round the edges with a bead of silicone sealant and hey presto, a perfectly sealed, easy to clean hutch!

Aw thats great thank you! Mines will be flatpacked too so was going to completely cover it all with more than one cover of bunny safe varnish/stain so ill do that too after the stain has dried :)

Back