• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Murphy-U/D 3rd Dec- NOT the 'Right' Time Today

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Murphy is terminally ill with a Thymoma. He has been on palliative care which has kept him comfortable for a few months. But now the drugs are less beneficial and whilst he is still bright within himself, eating fine and not in pain it is abundantly clear that he is deteriorating rapidly. What we want to avoid is him going into acute respiratory distress. So having discussed it all at length me and C have agreed that we will give Murphy a lovely weekend of being totally spoiled with lots of treats. Then on Monday C will come over and help him to The Bridge whilst he is in the comfort of his own home.

Coping with knowing that on Monday Murphy will leave us is hard to do on my own

Rabbits006-14.jpg

:cry:

Last edited:
Aw I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you both have a very special weekend together. He's so lucky to have someone who cares so much.

Take care and thinking of you xx

I am so sorry Jane, it is a small blessing that C will come to the house and save him the trauma of a vet trip. I hope you have a lovely weekend with him and he enjoys his extras.

Sorry Jane, what a distressing time for you, Huge hugs for whats to come....

Fee xx

I am so sorry Jane xxx

Please remember what you always say, rabbits live 100% in the moment, he has no idea and he will have a fantastic weekend, he'll be spoilt rotten I am sure and when the time comes he will be somewhere he feels safe and secure and you are saving him from suffering.

It is a horrid descision but your final show of love. Xxx

I'm so sorry. You always seem to be having such a hard time with your buns - you are so strong for them, and they are so lucky to be with you.

Hope you have a lovely last weekend with Murphy x

:(:( I'm so sorry; it must be a very hard decision to make but I'm sure you and C have made the right one for Murphy. Thinking of you and dear Murphy.

I find it worse when helping an animal "on their way" has been planned. We got Mack (dog) pts earlier this year and we sat down as a family and decided the day. It was awful but at the same time we had time to come to terms with it and say our goodbyes. He got everything he wanted, lots of kisses and cuddles and plenty of his favourite thing...FOOD!

I hope you have an amazing weekend with him and spoil him rotten! Give him everything he wants and spend plenty of time with him. *massive hugs to you* I hope he has a peaceful passing. xx

I'm so sorry to hear this :( There is no doubt that you know your bunnies better than anyone, they are all so lucky to have you looking out for them. Sending you both lots of hugs and plenty of noserubs for Murphy x x

Back