• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why are black bunnies less likely to be adopted? :s

supersonic

Mama Doe
I think black bunnies are adorable! I don't get why they're less likely to be adopted from a rescue...
It's the same with other animals too... :?

Sadly it is the same with other animals :( at my local rescue you won't believe the number of black cats we have, or how many people refuse to even go into their pens to meet them because 'black cats aren't as nice... Are they?' :cry:

We call them cat racists, but apparently we aren't allowed to say it to their faces :evil:

Aww, that's so sad! My friend has 2 black cats, one was rescued from under a bush, actually. Poor thing was only about 5 weeks old :( She also has 6 claws on one hand! Weird...

I just don't understand it. To be honest, I think I'd go for a black bun over another colour...

I adore black bunnies, and think all black animals are just stunning :love::love: Maybe they dont photograph as well, but in the flesh they are just gorgeous. Its the same with agouti bunnies, I dont understand why they are overlooked too - they look so natural and I find their fur so intriguing with the yellow, black and brown in it.

I love black animals. :love: I had a black cat for 17.5 years. I have had 5 black bunnies. I have 2 black bunnies now. :love:

I've always wanted a black horse! I once rode this beautiful black cob. He was enormous and thundered across the field <3
17.5 years is pretty damn good for a cat!

My Jack is a black rabbit and he wouldn't hurt a fly, also we have to black cats, One can be mean but the other is lovely, but any cat can be mean :cry: my friends got a gingerie brown cat and that isn't very nice at all:(

I know :(

It's not just the black puddy cats either, black and whites seem to be treated exactly the same. We have actually organised the pens so that people get shown the black and black and white cats before any of the more colourful kitties. It very rarely works :( we have a pen with 9 kittens in... 9 all tiny and friendly and playful, they have been available for a few weeks and to my knowledge none of them have gone. They are all black or black and white. :(

Seeing this first hand kinda now means that I will most never have a coulouful cat. I could not bear to pass over the poor ignored cats!

I've always wanted a black horse! I once rode this beautiful black cob. He was enormous and thundered across the field <3
17.5 years is pretty damn good for a cat!

Black Beauty. :love: I was obsessed with Black Beauty as I child. I had a black horse and a white horse poster on my bedroom wall. When we did a plaster cast at school I choose a black horse. Living in the city I had no chance of getting a horse.

We had our cat from a kitten. It was devastating when she went into kidney failure. That was 3 years ago and I still say something every now and then as if she was still here. My son was in pieces, he grew up with her. :( We all were. She was a wonderful cat.

I love my big black bunny (but I took him from P@H before I knew better) because no-one was interested.

I also loved my rescued black cat.

Is it because you can't see their features as well? So maybe people think they look cold or something. I don't know. I think they're stunning.

I rescued a black cat a few months ago, I've always had a soft spot for grey tabbies but our Lola was so affectionate, her black fur is beautifully glossy and her eyes are orange rather than green, she is stunning! :D I don't understand it.

I used to have a black bun called Thumper :') he went slightly ginger in the summer and he was lovely (and fluffy!)

It's a problem everywhere, black cats are not wanted.
I had a black bunny that was pure aggression so I'm holding back, I know it's not fair but anyway, I love pets with white, nearly all of my pets have white. Sorry:oops:

They are "boring" :wave: happens alot across every animal, unless the animal being black is rare in which case they're snapped up :? I've had a fair few black cats pass through my doors, mostly kittens there was only one adult black cat and it took a long time for him to be adopted

I dont see the difference to be honest they can be just as loveable as any other colour.....I wouldnt change Tizzy my black bunny for the world :love:

Picture019-1.jpg

:love:

Back