• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just found Storm soaked update

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
and he's covered in poo :cry: I honestly don't know how he got in such a mess overnight but I've never seen anything like it. His whole back end is soaked through and there are poo clumps stuck to his fur. I've tried wiping them off but they are stuck, he needs a bath but it's so cold :cry:

Why would he get like this?

The floor in the bunny room is vinyl with vet bed in the middle. Could he have just weed on the floor and sat in the puddle? how do I know if it's more serious than that?

He seems to be fine in him self, eating, drinking, chasing gyspy for treats.

I feel a bit panicked as I've never seen him soaked through like this :cry:

Last edited:
Gypsy had EC over a year ago. She shows no signs of it now, although I know it's never truly gone. I was wondering about EC but didn't want to say :(

Thank you everyone for your vibes and well wishes. I've cleaned him up the best I can for now, but some of the poo will need clipping off and I need an extra set of hands for that, so will have to wait until hubby gets home.

I think a bunny that suddenly soaks himself in urine (bearing in mind most buns dont wee that much at one time, so he's probably weed on himself a few times or is leaking if he is soaked) and has dodgy poops really needs to be taken to the vets before they shut for the weekend.

Hope you can get him an appointment today

Could he have gotten himself stuck lying down ?

Sometimes slightly arthritic and/or very large Rabbits struggle on vinyl due to the lack of traction. If he lay down on just vinyl then failed to be able to get up for some reason he could have ended up weeing and pooing where he was

Probably a good idea to get the Vet to take a look at him today xx

I think a bunny that suddenly soaks himself in urine (bearing in mind most buns dont wee that much at one time, so he's probably weed on himself a few times or is leaking if he is soaked) and has dodgy poops really needs to be taken to the vets before they shut for the weekend.

Hope you can get him an appointment today

I rang the vets and the only time they have for today is the time I need to be picking up River from school :cry: They are open at the weekend so I'll take Storm tomorrow.

He does do fairly big wees as he is a French lop, but this did look a bit much, even for storm. He does tend to get a messy bum from time to time, the vet can never find anything wrong, not even his teeth. I know that teeth problems can arise even in buns who have never had problems before. Storm is over 7 now with no history of teeth problems ( yet! )

What should I ask the vet to look for tomorrow?

Could he have gotten himself stuck lying down ?

Sometimes slightly arthritic and/or very large Rabbits struggle on vinyl due to the lack of traction. If he lay down on just vinyl then failed to be able to get up for some reason he could have ended up weeing and pooing where he was

Probably a good idea to get the Vet to take a look at him today xx

It's funny you should mention this Jane, the other day I noticed that Storm struggled slightly to get up from the vinyl. He has not had problems before, but then they have only had vinyl since the summer ( the carpet was gross!) There are vet beds on most of the floor, but silly Storm likes to lay half on the vet bed and half on the vinyl. He has always been a bit lazy with his toilet habits and will leave a trail of poo as he hops around or just lays there and poops. This has always been a Storm thing.

Arthritis, EC, Dental, or other pain related issues :wave:

I'd also add urinary issues to this. Good luck tomorrow, I hope they can find the cause.

You can do a sort of 'dry bath' by rubbing in corn flour to the fur and then brushing out, it gets the ammonia away from the skin without having to get the bun wet.

I never would have thought of corn flour, thank you nessar :D

Compared to Gypsy, he doesn't seem arthritic, but I guess it can show up in different ways :?

Back