• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your bunny heavy to pick up :/

XxLeanne

Warren Scout
Joey has got rather big, I can pick elvis my lion lop up easily but I struggle with Joey, he is so big and heavy, not overweight (atleast i think :?) just larger (longer, taller) than I remember rabbits regular size I've seen being :/ I don't know if its just me that's imagining it, does anyone else struggle?

He's in a playhouse at the moment but to be honest I look at him in there and it still doesn't look right, maybe I should take a picture tomorrow when it's light because now I'm typing this im wondering if he has enough space lol

Has he had a vet check whilst being an adult - they may have recorded his weight for you to check against :) Some vets will also offer free weigh-ins with the nurse if you want to get him assessed :)

Bunnies grow different sizes though, so he could just be a bigger breed.

My Smudge can be harder to pick up because he's slightly bigger than the girls but also stronger (and a helluva lot faster!) so that may make him seem a lot heavier but he's not much bigger than Mini.

Is Big Libby heavy...........................

010-43.jpg

What do you think !! :lol:

That is a big rabbit Jane. I thought our Tinky was heavy at 4kg, Big Libby must be twice that.

Miss Eleanor is much heavier than Stephen and she's bigger all over (don't tell her but we think she has a big bum!) :lol:

D'Argo is heavy being a giant.

When i last took them to vets i could barely manage to carry the cage so kids had to help =-O. They are both big bunnies!!

:O big Libby is huge and very beautiful! And makes a joey look like a mouse!

I'm going to take Joey to the vets after Christmas for his castration (hormonal young male rabbit at the moment lol) so I guess they will check him over then and see if he is overweight :( maybe he is :/ but i am glad to hear I'm not the only one with a regular rabbit that is a big lump! He's deffinantly not giant size. I think I will take a picture later of him in his playhouse and see if its enough space because I want to get him a friend as he seems alot lonelier than my lonely rabbit elvis of 5 years who seems pretty normal but Joey is alot more needy for my attention. Would he be okay with a smaller rabbit? I would imagine he would squish a rabbit elvis size as he does run around a bit crazy lol

Some people say you should try and match size, which makes sense, but ours are completely different sizes though and are a bonded pair. She is 4kg and he is just over 1kg. I guess it just depends on if they will bond.

Missy is around 4kg so quite heavy but she is not as easy bun to pick up anyway if I hold her for a while I can feel the weight on my arm. When I pick up Leo who is around 2.5kg but very easy to get hold of :)

Storm weighs almost 6kg and I used to find him hard to handle until I had a child who is now a very spirited 4 and a half year old :lol::lol:

Back