• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blanc de hotot ...

Rab-bit

Alpha Buck
Does anyone own one?
I might be getting this rabbit breed as a wifebun for Moley but don't know much about them.

I don't have one, but I don't think breeds really make much difference to how you keep a rabbit, it is more the size of them and if they have any special needs (long coat or long ears etc) that is important.

The show standard says they are 3.51- 4.97kgs - so you are looking at a large rabbit that will need a lot of space. You can get a dwarf hotot though. In general large rabbits are usually a bit calmer than dwarves, and also don't live as long, but every bunny is different.

They're very pretty, there was one available for rescue on here a while ago, I wonder if she got a home.

Thank you I have seen one and I'm going to pick her up today. She is a bit timid but she has had a sad life so far - hopefully that will change now :)

Back